I AM extremely disappointed the Queen Elizabeth pub has been closed down and will not be re-opening. Drugs is a way of life and happens everywhere, by closing down pubs in Saffron Walden it is only moving the drug users to another pub. The police need to
I AM extremely disappointed the Queen Elizabeth pub has been closed down and will not be re-opening.
Drugs is a way of life and happens everywhere, by closing down pubs in Saffron Walden it is only moving the drug users to another pub.
The police need to help the people on drugs rather than close down the pubs; it is not fair on other people who don't take them as
they are also being affected by this.
You may also want to watch:
Are the police going to close down all the pubs in Saffron Walden so the problem stops? This will not stop the problems as they are only moving them to another area.
If the police had informed the pubs of the drug-users then they would have been able to bar them rather than being closed down.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 6 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 7 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 10 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
It is very hard to stop people from doing drugs in pubs as they mainly consume them in the toilets. You cannot put up cameras in the toilets or follow people into the toilets, so how could the licensees at the Queen Elizabeth pub stop them?
The Queen Elizabeth, is a very welcoming and friendly pub, I spent most my time down there and enjoyed it. I myself never saw the drugs being used in the pub; therefore I was never affected by them. Closing down the pub has affected people in more ways than one. They did their best and it is not their fault what has happened. The police should deal with the drug users, rather than punish innocent people and take away their jobs.
Name and address withheld