I AM extremely disappointed the Queen Elizabeth pub has been closed down and will not be re-opening. Drugs is a way of life and happens everywhere, by closing down pubs in Saffron Walden it is only moving the drug users to another pub. The police need to
I AM extremely disappointed the Queen Elizabeth pub has been closed down and will not be re-opening.
Drugs is a way of life and happens everywhere, by closing down pubs in Saffron Walden it is only moving the drug users to another pub.
The police need to help the people on drugs rather than close down the pubs; it is not fair on other people who don't take them as
they are also being affected by this.
You may also want to watch:
Are the police going to close down all the pubs in Saffron Walden so the problem stops? This will not stop the problems as they are only moving them to another area.
If the police had informed the pubs of the drug-users then they would have been able to bar them rather than being closed down.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 5 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 8 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
It is very hard to stop people from doing drugs in pubs as they mainly consume them in the toilets. You cannot put up cameras in the toilets or follow people into the toilets, so how could the licensees at the Queen Elizabeth pub stop them?
The Queen Elizabeth, is a very welcoming and friendly pub, I spent most my time down there and enjoyed it. I myself never saw the drugs being used in the pub; therefore I was never affected by them. Closing down the pub has affected people in more ways than one. They did their best and it is not their fault what has happened. The police should deal with the drug users, rather than punish innocent people and take away their jobs.
Name and address withheld