I ve been drinking down the Lizzie since it reopened years ago. I also worked there for a year. While it s true that there used to be a fair amount of trouble in the Queen Elizabeth, it has not been the case in recent times. Once a particular group stoppe
I've been drinking down the Lizzie since it reopened years ago. I also worked there for a year.
While it's true that there used to be a fair amount of trouble in the Queen Elizabeth, it has not been the case in recent times.
Once a particular group stopped drinking in there the fighting stopped and the atmosphere became much more relaxed, and more drinkers came in. Unfortunately, so did underage drinkers.
They would sneak around in the beer garden and get people to buy them drinks. No matter how many times they were asked to leave, they would just come back.
You may also want to watch:
After John and Sue lost the licence and Cindy, Debbie, and Myra took over, the change was dramatic and inspiring. There was no trouble and no underage drinking. They even made good on redecorating the place. It was a warm and friendly place to go.
None of the staff at the pub were aware that those young men were even taking drugs, let alone dealing in them. They come across as honest and normal people.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 6 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 7 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 10 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
If the licensees had thought for one minute there was something iffy going on, it would have been dealt with swiftly.
As for the residents who complain about noise, wake up. The pub has been there longer than your houses, and didn't you notice that you were moving close to a pub? Would you move to Siberia and complain about the cold?