I AGREE with the article about street cleaning in the town. My neighbours and I have shops in the Cockpit behind Eaden Lilley and have given up waiting for the council to arrange to have it swept. We now do it ourselves, but I really don t see why we shou
I AGREE with the article about street cleaning in the town. My neighbours and I have shops in the Cockpit behind Eaden Lilley and have given up waiting for the council to arrange to have it swept.
We now do it ourselves, but I really don't see why we should when we are charged such high business rates.
The worst times for litter are after market days - the traders don't seem to take enough care about disposing of their rubbish.
Apart from their detritus we regularly get pub glasses, vomit and cigarette butts - the worst I ever experienced was a completely different kind of bodily fluid excreted all up my wall!!
Whilst I am on the subject may I remind readers that the Cockpit is not a bicycle track - there is going to be a nasty accident down there one day when somebody steps out of a shop and smacks straight into an inconsiderate cyclist.
I am fed-up with the verbal abuse I receive when I ask people not to ride their bikes down there.
- 1 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 2 Junior Fencer from Saffron Walden wins silver at England Championship
- 3 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 4 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 5 Committee and president appointed for Elsenham WI
- 6 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 7 Tea party celebrates Saffron Walden Museum volunteers
- 8 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 9 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 10 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack