I AGREE with the article about street cleaning in the town. My neighbours and I have shops in the Cockpit behind Eaden Lilley and have given up waiting for the council to arrange to have it swept. We now do it ourselves, but I really don t see why we shou
I AGREE with the article about street cleaning in the town. My neighbours and I have shops in the Cockpit behind Eaden Lilley and have given up waiting for the council to arrange to have it swept.
We now do it ourselves, but I really don't see why we should when we are charged such high business rates.
The worst times for litter are after market days - the traders don't seem to take enough care about disposing of their rubbish.
Apart from their detritus we regularly get pub glasses, vomit and cigarette butts - the worst I ever experienced was a completely different kind of bodily fluid excreted all up my wall!!
You may also want to watch:
Whilst I am on the subject may I remind readers that the Cockpit is not a bicycle track - there is going to be a nasty accident down there one day when somebody steps out of a shop and smacks straight into an inconsiderate cyclist.
I am fed-up with the verbal abuse I receive when I ask people not to ride their bikes down there.
- 1 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 2 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 3 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 4 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 5 Saffron Striders enjoy lots of choice with Great North Run the main event
- 6 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 7 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 8 Temporary council chief costing more than £1,000 per day
- 9 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
- 10 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle