I AGREE with the article about street cleaning in the town. My neighbours and I have shops in the Cockpit behind Eaden Lilley and have given up waiting for the council to arrange to have it swept. We now do it ourselves, but I really don t see why we shou
I AGREE with the article about street cleaning in the town. My neighbours and I have shops in the Cockpit behind Eaden Lilley and have given up waiting for the council to arrange to have it swept.
We now do it ourselves, but I really don't see why we should when we are charged such high business rates.
The worst times for litter are after market days - the traders don't seem to take enough care about disposing of their rubbish.
Apart from their detritus we regularly get pub glasses, vomit and cigarette butts - the worst I ever experienced was a completely different kind of bodily fluid excreted all up my wall!!
You may also want to watch:
Whilst I am on the subject may I remind readers that the Cockpit is not a bicycle track - there is going to be a nasty accident down there one day when somebody steps out of a shop and smacks straight into an inconsiderate cyclist.
I am fed-up with the verbal abuse I receive when I ask people not to ride their bikes down there.
- 1 Tools collection is a huge success
- 2 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 6 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 7 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 8 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 10 Things to do in June - from open gardens to live music and dancing