I AGREE with the article about street cleaning in the town. My neighbours and I have shops in the Cockpit behind Eaden Lilley and have given up waiting for the council to arrange to have it swept. We now do it ourselves, but I really don t see why we shou
I AGREE with the article about street cleaning in the town. My neighbours and I have shops in the Cockpit behind Eaden Lilley and have given up waiting for the council to arrange to have it swept.
We now do it ourselves, but I really don't see why we should when we are charged such high business rates.
The worst times for litter are after market days - the traders don't seem to take enough care about disposing of their rubbish.
Apart from their detritus we regularly get pub glasses, vomit and cigarette butts - the worst I ever experienced was a completely different kind of bodily fluid excreted all up my wall!!
Whilst I am on the subject may I remind readers that the Cockpit is not a bicycle track - there is going to be a nasty accident down there one day when somebody steps out of a shop and smacks straight into an inconsiderate cyclist.
I am fed-up with the verbal abuse I receive when I ask people not to ride their bikes down there.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 Government accused of 'grotesque waste of taxpayers' money' after Stansted flight
- 3 New vehicles to catch Essex's criminals on the county's fast roads
- 4 Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up announced for Hylands Park
- 5 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 6 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 7 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 8 Miss Disco's Valentine's date with fans at Saffron Walden's football club
- 9 Celebrating 20th anniversary of Harry Potter at Saffron Screen
- 10 Walden's Wizard of Oz snowflake trail winner is crowned