I AGREE with the article about street cleaning in the town. My neighbours and I have shops in the Cockpit behind Eaden Lilley and have given up waiting for the council to arrange to have it swept. We now do it ourselves, but I really don t see why we shou
I AGREE with the article about street cleaning in the town. My neighbours and I have shops in the Cockpit behind Eaden Lilley and have given up waiting for the council to arrange to have it swept.
We now do it ourselves, but I really don't see why we should when we are charged such high business rates.
The worst times for litter are after market days - the traders don't seem to take enough care about disposing of their rubbish.
Apart from their detritus we regularly get pub glasses, vomit and cigarette butts - the worst I ever experienced was a completely different kind of bodily fluid excreted all up my wall!!
You may also want to watch:
Whilst I am on the subject may I remind readers that the Cockpit is not a bicycle track - there is going to be a nasty accident down there one day when somebody steps out of a shop and smacks straight into an inconsiderate cyclist.
I am fed-up with the verbal abuse I receive when I ask people not to ride their bikes down there.
- 1 Saffron Walden constituency MP on the road map out of lockdown
- 2 Tracking Covid at the Sanger Institute
- 3 Buses replace trains while train tracks are replaced
- 4 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
- 5 Awards for pandemic heroes launched
- 6 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 7 Summer holiday catch-up classes among ideas being raised
- 8 Electric cars for SMT GB staff
- 9 Gordon's 'fiver for a jab' fundraiser for NHS
- 10 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'