Sadness at Wicken House
I WAS there the last time GIFT went to Wicken House. I d been there before and I have to say that the atmosphere was so different this time. There was a sadness that loomed overhead and an unspoken misery that was expressed in all of us. We had fun, sure
I WAS there the last time GIFT went to Wicken House. I'd been there before and I have to say that the atmosphere was so different this time.
There was a sadness that loomed overhead and an unspoken misery that was expressed in all of us. We had fun, sure, but not as much as we have and all because Essex County council condemned us from this home-like study centre that so many of us youth loved. Not only did the youth of Britain use it but people from other countries, such as Germany, did.
When I told my friend, who lives in Sweden, about the amazing time I had at Wicken House, she began arranging an opportunity to come all the way from Sweden. She never got to experience Wicken House like I did. Why is that?
Of course we will never know, because the councillors who made the decision to shut down Wicken haven't actually got a valid reason.
You may also want to watch:
If I had my way I'd be out of here like a shot into a place that respects the policy of democracy by listening to its people.
I want to live in a place that respects its people and in turn earns the respect of its people. I do not live in a place like this, I live in a county where the people who claim power hide behind the pathetic titles of their jobs rather than stopping, listening and understanding what it takes to make everyone happy by paying attention to the community paying their wages!
- 1 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 2 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 3 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 4 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 5 Universal Credit: Help is still out there, says Essex County Council
- 6 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 7 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 8 More than 17,000 Uttlesford pensioners claim cash to help heat their homes
- 9 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 10 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
It's ridiculous that I am a 16-year-old, and I have more sense than all of the councillors in charge of this matter. I understand what's really important and I truly believe that if they cared about anything then they would never shut down one of the only places in Britain that is loved internationally!
Well, I've said my piece and I honestly hope that if there is nothing more I can do, you can pass this e-mail on to the appropriate department of Essex County Council please.
I just want them to know how much, youth all over Europe, will never respect them again...
We have become what we are because they shape us by making these decisions. It is these decisions which influence our emotions and in effect how we react and think. In this case we think that Essex County Council is a load of bull!
Catherine Moranda, 16, Harlow