Saffron Walden mayor to host health and wellbeing day
SAFFRON Walden’s mayor is hosting a fitness day on the Common to help improve the health and wellbeing of residents.
Cllr David Watson and his wife Sharon have organised seven activities to get the town moving on Saturday (July 21).
The mayor said it is his aim of brining health and wellbeing “to as many people as possible.
“There are so many groups and clubs in the area that provide excellent facilities and this is a way of promoting what is available to the maximum number of people,” he added.
A stage will be put up on the Common and activities will run from 10am-4.30pm. Each fitness group involved will also be availabke on the day to provide help and information.
You may also want to watch:
The whole day is free of charge and anyone can take part. If children don’t want to join in with the exercise, a Mongolian Yurt Tent will house activities for them to enjoy.
“It is important that people understand what is available because we have some excellent fitness organisations in Saffron Walden,” said Cllr Watson. “So come on down, join in, and discover things you have not tried before.”
- 1 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 2 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 3 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 4 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 5 Universal Credit: Help is still out there, says Essex County Council
- 6 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 7 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 8 More than 17,000 Uttlesford pensioners claim cash to help heat their homes
- 9 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 10 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
Stage activity timetable
10am-11am – Tai Chi
11am-12pm – Pilates
12-12.30pm – Nordic Walking
12-1.30pm – Group Exercise
1.30-2.30pm – Universal Yoga
2.30-3.30pm – Jazzercise
3.30-4.30pm - Zumba