Saffron Walden mayor to host health and wellbeing day
SAFFRON Walden’s mayor is hosting a fitness day on the Common to help improve the health and wellbeing of residents.
Cllr David Watson and his wife Sharon have organised seven activities to get the town moving on Saturday (July 21).
The mayor said it is his aim of brining health and wellbeing “to as many people as possible.
“There are so many groups and clubs in the area that provide excellent facilities and this is a way of promoting what is available to the maximum number of people,” he added.
A stage will be put up on the Common and activities will run from 10am-4.30pm. Each fitness group involved will also be availabke on the day to provide help and information.
You may also want to watch:
The whole day is free of charge and anyone can take part. If children don’t want to join in with the exercise, a Mongolian Yurt Tent will house activities for them to enjoy.
“It is important that people understand what is available because we have some excellent fitness organisations in Saffron Walden,” said Cllr Watson. “So come on down, join in, and discover things you have not tried before.”
- 1 Free vegetarian meal service launched
- 2 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 3 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 4 Great Anglia named train operator of the year
- 5 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 6 Thefts from village cars cause hundreds of pounds in losses
- 7 Controversial investment is ethical, district councillors say
- 8 District council urged to cancel investment
- 9 St Clare Hospice 10k run set to take place this April
- 10 Covid jab success in North Uttlesford
Stage activity timetable
10am-11am – Tai Chi
11am-12pm – Pilates
12-12.30pm – Nordic Walking
12-1.30pm – Group Exercise
1.30-2.30pm – Universal Yoga
2.30-3.30pm – Jazzercise
3.30-4.30pm - Zumba