Saffron Walden: Summer Jam plans at One Minet Skate Park announced
AN “exciting” event planned for the summer has been announced by the Saffron Walden Skate Group.
Following last year’s successful skate opera, Skopera - which brought skating and BMXing together with dance and music - this year’s theme for the skate park Summer Jam is even more ambitious.
The Skate Group is putting on SKEAT – Skate and Eat - on Sunday May 12.
Bev Young, chairman of the group, explains: “We want to showcase food; as many sustainable, local, healthy, ethnic options as we can as well as putting on a dazzling show of skate tricks and performances for the audience.
“This is in preparation for the future plans we have at the skate park to have an allotment, and serve healthy food in the proposed Hub building.”
You may also want to watch:
The group is already in discussions with Carver Barracks to provide some Nepalese and Fijian food and Dig-It, a cooperative allotment group, to demonstrate their food growing skills and we hope to get everyone involved in Skate Bake.
“There are many more ideas in the pipeline to make this a truly enjoyable day for the whole family,” adde Bev.
- 1 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 2 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 3 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 4 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 5 Universal Credit: Help is still out there, says Essex County Council
- 6 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 7 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 8 More than 17,000 Uttlesford pensioners claim cash to help heat their homes
- 9 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
Details will soon appear on the skate group website at oneminetpark.co.uk
Anyone interested in participating by booking a stall should e-mail email@example.com as soon as possible. All offers of help and ideas are welcomed.