I REFER to last week s letter from Conservative chairman, Howard Rolfe, captioned Pull the plug in the Postbag. Coincidentally, on the same page there is a letter from a committee member of the Institute of Lighting Engineers. Contrary to what Mr Rolfe
I REFER to last week's letter from Conservative chairman, Howard Rolfe, captioned 'Pull the plug' in the Postbag.
Coincidentally, on the same page there is a letter from a committee member of the Institute of Lighting Engineers.
Contrary to what Mr Rolfe states we are not against energy-saving proposals. This is exemplified by the resolution at December's District Council meeting - "Whilst not opposed in principle to energy-saving and sustainability, the council considers the current scheme is not well thought-out and consultation inadequate and hurried".
The other correspondent states: "the methodology leaves much to be desired".
You may also want to watch:
Mr Rolfe admits there might be a slight change to the proposals for Saffron Walden for this scheme, which was first proposed over three months ago.
The Liberal Democrats cannot accept "divide and rule" in Uttlesford, therefore could Mr Rolfe advise why the proposals are discriminatory and why it took the Conservatives three months to wake up to the proposals - some "enlightenment" is required.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 3 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 4 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 5 Saffron Striders enjoy lots of choice with Great North Run the main event
- 6 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 7 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 8 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
- 9 'It feels brilliant to be back' - Aladdin announced as Cambridge Arts Theatre's full-scale Christmas pantomime
- 10 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
Last week the Conservative Party published a paper which the Financial Times captioned "Conservatives warn of crisis from failings of skills training". I suggest they begin by looking within.
Cllr Stephen Jones
Member for Saffron Walden (Castle)
Uttlesford District Council