MANY of the older readers of this newspaper would have served their time as national servicemen in the army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force. This is a recall for them to get fell in again at a huge parade at Alrewas, Staffordshire, on the last Sunday in
MANY of the older readers of this newspaper would have served their time as national servicemen in the army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force.
This is a recall for them to "get fell in again" at a huge parade at Alrewas, Staffordshire, on the last Sunday in June.
Get your boots polished, pack your kit and make a weekend of it with a very nostalgic 1940s weekend.
Superb accommodation, with a fun outing on Saturday, before a parade on Sunday. Transport will be comfortable coaches, not the back of lorries with canvas over!
Write to ex-national serviceman Mike Crowe, 7 Heath Road, Lake Sandown, Isle of Wight, PO36 8PG with service number, which service you served in and when, for all the details of a wonderful nostalgic weekend.
Yes, wives and partners will enjoy it too! Trust me - I'm an ex-national serviceman. Don't forget to bring the camera. Last weekend in June.
- 1 Delayed 350 homes development approved
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 6 Suffocating plants to be stripped out: Jubilee Pond makeover
- 7 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 8 Flashmob choir, free lessons: Latest Ukraine support
- 9 Saffron Walden girls enjoy first festival outing
- 10 e-comics and creative writing help from Essex libraries
Former Royal Navy
National Service, 1958-60