MANY of the older readers of this newspaper would have served their time as national servicemen in the army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force. This is a recall for them to get fell in again at a huge parade at Alrewas, Staffordshire, on the last Sunday in
MANY of the older readers of this newspaper would have served their time as national servicemen in the army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force.
This is a recall for them to "get fell in again" at a huge parade at Alrewas, Staffordshire, on the last Sunday in June.
Get your boots polished, pack your kit and make a weekend of it with a very nostalgic 1940s weekend.
Superb accommodation, with a fun outing on Saturday, before a parade on Sunday. Transport will be comfortable coaches, not the back of lorries with canvas over!
You may also want to watch:
Write to ex-national serviceman Mike Crowe, 7 Heath Road, Lake Sandown, Isle of Wight, PO36 8PG with service number, which service you served in and when, for all the details of a wonderful nostalgic weekend.
Yes, wives and partners will enjoy it too! Trust me - I'm an ex-national serviceman. Don't forget to bring the camera. Last weekend in June.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 7 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 8 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 9 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
Former Royal Navy
National Service, 1958-60