MANY of the older readers of this newspaper would have served their time as national servicemen in the army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force. This is a recall for them to get fell in again at a huge parade at Alrewas, Staffordshire, on the last Sunday in
MANY of the older readers of this newspaper would have served their time as national servicemen in the army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force.
This is a recall for them to "get fell in again" at a huge parade at Alrewas, Staffordshire, on the last Sunday in June.
Get your boots polished, pack your kit and make a weekend of it with a very nostalgic 1940s weekend.
Superb accommodation, with a fun outing on Saturday, before a parade on Sunday. Transport will be comfortable coaches, not the back of lorries with canvas over!
You may also want to watch:
Write to ex-national serviceman Mike Crowe, 7 Heath Road, Lake Sandown, Isle of Wight, PO36 8PG with service number, which service you served in and when, for all the details of a wonderful nostalgic weekend.
Yes, wives and partners will enjoy it too! Trust me - I'm an ex-national serviceman. Don't forget to bring the camera. Last weekend in June.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 6 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 9 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 10 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
Former Royal Navy
National Service, 1958-60