MANY of the older readers of this newspaper would have served their time as national servicemen in the army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force. This is a recall for them to get fell in again at a huge parade at Alrewas, Staffordshire, on the last Sunday in
MANY of the older readers of this newspaper would have served their time as national servicemen in the army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force.
This is a recall for them to "get fell in again" at a huge parade at Alrewas, Staffordshire, on the last Sunday in June.
Get your boots polished, pack your kit and make a weekend of it with a very nostalgic 1940s weekend.
Superb accommodation, with a fun outing on Saturday, before a parade on Sunday. Transport will be comfortable coaches, not the back of lorries with canvas over!
You may also want to watch:
Write to ex-national serviceman Mike Crowe, 7 Heath Road, Lake Sandown, Isle of Wight, PO36 8PG with service number, which service you served in and when, for all the details of a wonderful nostalgic weekend.
Yes, wives and partners will enjoy it too! Trust me - I'm an ex-national serviceman. Don't forget to bring the camera. Last weekend in June.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 5 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
Former Royal Navy
National Service, 1958-60