Sight loss days
IF YOU have ever noticed your eyesight getting worse, or you need any information about sight loss, help is at hand. Saffron Sight is holding Information Days across West Essex throughout 2007 and invites all those with an interest in visual impairment o
IF YOU have ever noticed your eyesight getting worse, or you need any information about sight loss, help is at hand.
Saffron Sight is holding Information Days across West Essex throughout 2007 and invites all those with an interest in visual impairment or sight loss to attend.
Local sight support charity, Saffron Sight, is undertaking a new community project to reach more visually impaired people in the community. Part of this project involves Saffron Sight's staff and volunteers conducting Information Days so people with poor vision can visit the charity, without the need to travel to Saffron Walden.
Support available on the day includes information about sight loss, eye conditions, equipment that enables people to cope with poor vision, help with blind registration, information about social clubs and activities for visually impaired people, as well as advice about services from other support agencies.
You may also want to watch:
An information morning will be held in Thaxted, in the Thaxted Community Information Centre on Friday February 9 from 10am until noon.
Saffron Sight operates a resource centre in Central Arcade, Saffron Walden, where staff and volunteers give advice on sight loss matters.
- 1 Saffron Walden constituency MP on the road map out of lockdown
- 2 Tracking Covid at the Sanger Institute
- 3 Awards for pandemic heroes launched
- 4 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
- 5 Containerlift supports laughter and supply chains
- 6 Buses replace trains while train tracks are replaced
- 7 Essex: Climate change top priority for residents
- 8 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
- 9 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 10 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
The charity plans to hold information mornings in Thaxted and Dunmow on a regular basis and is also looking at suitable community venues in Stansted and Braintree during the year.
Volunteers to assist with the project in all those areas are needed. If you would like to help Saffron Sight with its Information Days, call Viv Tree or Paul Atkins at the centre on 01799 523700.
Alternatively pop along to the Centre, in Central Arcade, Saffron Walden, which is open from Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 2.30pm.