Son’s search for booklet
ATTENTION all ex-employees of Acrow (Engineers) Ltd who had a factory in Saffron Walden. They produced an in-house publication, of size approximately 15 x 21 centimetres, of about 30 pages, with the distinctive growing logo on the front, with photographs
ATTENTION all ex-employees of Acrow (Engineers) Ltd who had a factory in Saffron Walden.
They produced an in-house publication, of size approximately 15 x 21 centimetres, of about 30 pages, with the distinctive growing logo on the front, with photographs of staff promotions, new offices, new factories and new products etc.
My late father was a director for this company in Africa, long before this company's demise.
I have tried in vain to trace copies of this booklet, so that I can complete my late father's biography. I am hoping to jog the memories of some of the dedicated readers of this paper 60 years ago, in the hope they can go to a desk drawer, box, or into a storeroom or loft and uncover an old copy.
You may also want to watch:
What I require is booklets for the following years: 1946, 1949, 1952, 1954, 1958, or any copies that come to hand. Please contact the Reporter office for my address. Thank you all for your endeavours.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 5 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 8 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open