Stansted Airport launches new iphone app
LONDON Stansted Airport unveiled its free iPhone app today, bringing everything from the latest flight information to a public transport journey planner direct to passengers’ fingertips.
Designed to make life easier for travellers, users can save money by pre-booking car parking direct from their iPhone, download discount vouchers for shops and restaurants and view a vast array of useful airport information.
Steve Mills, Stansted Airport’s iPhone app development manager, said: “London Stansted’s iPhone app is regarded as one of the most feature-rich airport apps available, which will not only make it easier for passengers using the airport, but improve the passenger experience for our travellers too.
“It conveniently brings together live flight updates, lots of useful information about the terminal, and a reliable guide to the range of options for getting to and from the airport. So, whether you’re a frequent flyer or a first time visitor, the London Stansted app is the essential tool for all passengers passing through the airport.”
Designed by transport Information company, Trapeze (formally known as Kizoom), the app is packed full with innovative features. Highlights include:
• Live flight departure and arrivals information
• Destinations we fly to
- 1 Solar farm application decision is deferred
- 2 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
- 3 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 4 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 5 Man in court over alleged 'fox-killing' during Puckeridge Hunt
- 6 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 7 Post Office: change of location in Newport
- 8 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 9 Former teaching assistant is jailed
- 10 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
• Car park booking and directions to drive to the airport
• Rail journey planner
• Bus and coach information
• Car rental and taxi contacts
• Shop and restaurant information with downloadable vouchers and special offers
• Terminal maps and information
• Security requirements - what you can and cannot carry
Dan Steele, Trapeze Business Development Manager, added: “We’re delighted to be working with London Stansted on this innovative project. Our years of experience creating mobile transport services mean we’ve been able to build something both functionally rich and simple to use. We work very closely with our clients to ensure they have input at every stage of development. This approach has helped bring together our technical expertise and London Stansted’s deep understanding of its customers to create a service that will be genuinely useful to the travelling public.”
The app is free to download directly to your iPhone from the Apple App Store - simply search for “Stansted” to locate the app.