I SPENT a most enjoyable afternoon at the local tea dance and I am pleased to say that most of the others who attended took the trouble to tell me how much they had as well. However, there were very few of us, and frankly, that does not bode well for the
I SPENT a most enjoyable afternoon at the local tea dance and I am pleased to say that most of the others who attended took the trouble to tell me how much they had as well.
However, there were very few of us, and frankly, that does not bode well for their future.
It seems amazing that we have people come along and enthuse about what a lovely time they have had and we do not see them again for some months, yet they still expect the dances to continue.
Others I meet inform me they will be coming, but unless they do there may not be any more dances.
You may also want to watch:
I would be dismayed if after 18 years they were to fold, but unless people support the next dance on October 26, I fear this may happen. Please do give us a try, it is both socially and physically beneficial. You do not have to be a dancer.
We have live music, a cup of tea with choice of cake, and a door prize, all for £2. We also have a raffle. I do hope I can look forward to seeing you. Phone me on 01799 500627 if you would like more details.
- 1 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 2 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 3 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 4 Walden Wombles hold their first litter pick
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 New outreach Post Office for community
- 7 New interim chief executive for district council
- 8 Mental health trust fined following 11 deaths
- 9 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 10 Linton pupils join 362,000-strong school choir