I SPENT a most enjoyable afternoon at the local tea dance and I am pleased to say that most of the others who attended took the trouble to tell me how much they had as well. However, there were very few of us, and frankly, that does not bode well for the
I SPENT a most enjoyable afternoon at the local tea dance and I am pleased to say that most of the others who attended took the trouble to tell me how much they had as well.
However, there were very few of us, and frankly, that does not bode well for their future.
It seems amazing that we have people come along and enthuse about what a lovely time they have had and we do not see them again for some months, yet they still expect the dances to continue.
Others I meet inform me they will be coming, but unless they do there may not be any more dances.
You may also want to watch:
I would be dismayed if after 18 years they were to fold, but unless people support the next dance on October 26, I fear this may happen. Please do give us a try, it is both socially and physically beneficial. You do not have to be a dancer.
We have live music, a cup of tea with choice of cake, and a door prize, all for £2. We also have a raffle. I do hope I can look forward to seeing you. Phone me on 01799 500627 if you would like more details.
- 1 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 4 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 7 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 8 Jets and Falcons fly out of Stansted after their NFL London showdown
- 9 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road