ON BEHALF of the Lions and Lioness Clubs of Saffron Walden I would like to thank everyone who donated prizes, helped on the day or took part in the Michaelmas Fayre. We are also very grateful to the town council and the media for the part they played in
ON BEHALF of the Lions and Lioness Clubs of Saffron Walden I would like to thank everyone who donated prizes, helped on the day or took part in the Michaelmas Fayre.
We are also very grateful to the town council and the media for the part they played in making the day so successful.
The performances given by three of our schools and two bands were very entertaining and were well-received by the crowd, we thank them for taking part and look forward to seeing them again next year.
The craft fair and refreshments once again went very well and all the pitches were sold out - our thanks to the organiser, Mike Adams.
You may also want to watch:
The Showcase of Talent which took place in the evening was organised by pupils from the County High School together with the help of their teacher Mrs Jackie Smith.
The show was very successful and enjoyed by everyone who attended.
- 1 Free vegetarian meal service launched
- 2 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 3 Gordon's 'fiver for a jab' fundraiser for NHS
- 4 Greens and Lib Dems disassociate themselves from investment decision
- 5 Fun for virtual World Book Day 2021
- 6 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
- 7 Essex county council deputy says he will stand for top job
- 8 Try this: MasterChef winner Chef Webb's recipe for roasted chicken supreme
- 9 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 10 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
I should like to pay a special tribute to the pupils who worked so hard and so enthusiastically. We are very fortunate to have so many talented and caring young people in our community.
Both the charities of the day, Essex Air Ambulance and Teenage Cancer Trust will benefit from the total raised which will be in excess of £2500.
Lioness Angela Howard
Michaelmas Fayre Committee - Co-ordinator