Thanks for finding Molly
I WISH to take this opportunity to thank the kind woman from Audley End who had the misfortune of discovering our beautiful cat Molly lying dead in London Road on her journey into town on Saturday (June 21) morning. Her selflessness in stopping to identi
I WISH to take this opportunity to thank the kind woman from Audley End who had the misfortune of discovering our beautiful cat Molly lying dead in London Road on her journey into town on Saturday (June 21) morning.
Her selflessness in stopping to identify and remove Molly from the road and then in contacting me and my partner and assisting us in locating her was both brave and comforting.
Her actions are in stark contrast to those of the person responsible for hitting Molly, who apparently had neither the compassion to stop to see if she was still alive nor the courage to contact us.
As a result we are totally distraught to imagine Molly lying injured in the rain and suffering up to the point of her death and we can only be thankful to this lady - and another gentleman whose help she enlisted - that her body was saved from further disfigurement by her actions.
Our own pain and guilt at the loss of Molly - who was only two weeks shy of her first birthday - have been compounded by the cruelty and heartlessness of this driver. I imagine it is highly unlikely that a person with such a limited moral and social conscience will be reading a letters page intended to discuss matters of community, but if they are, I'd just like to make sure they know that they have devastated us and broken our hearts as a family.
It is with people such as the kind lady who helped us that I have been proud and happy to live alongside for several years now in this community.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 3 Police appeals into two Uttlesford incidents
- 4 Saffron Walden photographer's book a permanent record of life in a locked down town
- 5 Decision yet to be made on Saffron Walden's 20mph limit
- 6 Consultation on traffic in Walden's Market Square ends on Monday
- 7 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner
- 8 Essex parents fear return to remote lessons amid school staff shortage
- 9 Derby fun for Wendens Ambo as they brush off logistical headache
- 10 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
Name and address supplied