Thanks for your good wishes
SOME of you were made aware of an accident I had in March. One lesson I hope you all will have learnt from my experience is not to walk too far, and alone, in our lovely countryside, without taking a mobile phone with you. I have certainly paid for my mis
SOME of you were made aware of an accident I had in March. One lesson I hope you all will have learnt from my experience is not to walk too far, and alone, in our lovely countryside, without taking a mobile phone with you.
I have certainly paid for my mistake and the journey had been long and wearisome. I have been plastered arm and leg, lived in a wheelchair, battled with a walking frame, cavorted with two crutches and finally braced myself with one crutch, and am now almost ready to go solo. I am very aware of those less fortunate who do not have an end in sight, for this I am sincerely grateful.
A journey and a learning experience. How much more empathy I have now with people with physical disability, insofar as learning to access their surroundings. How different life is, surveyed at toddler level, and how unseen one can be beneath the waist line amongst the crowds, in a wheelchair.
Kindness and tolerance, however, have been very noticeable in my experience. I have overwhelmed by the concern and help I have been offered and have received.
You may also want to watch:
Hence my reason for writing is to say how much I have appreciated this kindness and to thank you very much.
Please let me assure you that I am fully functioning as the elected representative for the Littlebury Ward of Uttlesford District Council.
- 1 Tracking Covid at the Sanger Institute
- 2 Awards for pandemic heroes launched
- 3 Buses replace trains while train tracks are replaced
- 4 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 5 Electric cars for SMT GB staff
- 6 Saffron Striders celebrate achievements in challenging season
- 7 Covid jab success in North Uttlesford
- 8 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 9 Free vegetarian meal service launched
- 10 Council responds to unflattering comments
Please feel able to contact me if you have a problem or a concern that I may be able to help you with email@example.com or by phone on 01763 838553.
Cllr Janet Menell, Walnut Tree Cottage, Littlebury Green, Saffron Walden