Town denuded of a hardware store
FOLLOWING the departure of Gayhomes in the Market Square many years ago and the rise and fall of Mackays in King Street, the town centre has been denuded of a hardware and DIY shop. Saffron Walden contains a high percentage of homeowners who must attend t
FOLLOWING the departure of Gayhomes in the Market Square many years ago and the rise and fall of Mackays in King Street, the town centre has been denuded of a hardware and DIY shop.
Saffron Walden contains a high percentage of homeowners who must attend to many small jobs without calling in the experts.
Our town centre really does need a hardware and DIY shop for those resident handymen and handywomen.
The excellence of Homebase and Ridgeons are a long way from the town centre, but car-owning residents are urged to walk to the shops in an effort to reduce the toxic exhaust gas emitted into the atmosphere.
You may also want to watch:
Furthermore, women residents would like a Marks & Spencer as a useful addition to the town centre.
But the town's home-owning resident DIY enthusiasts need a useful hardware and DIY shop in the town again.
- 1 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 2 Footpath sign that points to wall is likened to Harry Potter book
- 3 High Street shop staff will 'miss Saffron Walden community'
- 4 Boy, five, who could wave cancer goodbye this year dances with twin brother
- 5 Summer holiday catch-up classes among ideas being raised
- 6 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 7 Airport group's CEO reacts to Covid roadmap and says Budget offers hope
- 8 Uttlesford sees sharp fall in Covid-19 infections
- 9 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 10 Boots suffers perfumes theft and damage to doors
Little Walden Road
- WHAT shops would you like to see come to Saffron Walden. E-mail us at email@example.com or write to 54 High Street, Saffron Walden, Essex CB10 1EE.