Town denuded of a hardware store
FOLLOWING the departure of Gayhomes in the Market Square many years ago and the rise and fall of Mackays in King Street, the town centre has been denuded of a hardware and DIY shop. Saffron Walden contains a high percentage of homeowners who must attend t
FOLLOWING the departure of Gayhomes in the Market Square many years ago and the rise and fall of Mackays in King Street, the town centre has been denuded of a hardware and DIY shop.
Saffron Walden contains a high percentage of homeowners who must attend to many small jobs without calling in the experts.
Our town centre really does need a hardware and DIY shop for those resident handymen and handywomen.
The excellence of Homebase and Ridgeons are a long way from the town centre, but car-owning residents are urged to walk to the shops in an effort to reduce the toxic exhaust gas emitted into the atmosphere.
You may also want to watch:
Furthermore, women residents would like a Marks & Spencer as a useful addition to the town centre.
But the town's home-owning resident DIY enthusiasts need a useful hardware and DIY shop in the town again.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 3 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 4 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 5 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 6 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 7 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 8 'Enjoy a slice of Essex on hospitality day', says culture chief
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
Little Walden Road
- WHAT shops would you like to see come to Saffron Walden. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to 54 High Street, Saffron Walden, Essex CB10 1EE.