Town denuded of a hardware store
FOLLOWING the departure of Gayhomes in the Market Square many years ago and the rise and fall of Mackays in King Street, the town centre has been denuded of a hardware and DIY shop. Saffron Walden contains a high percentage of homeowners who must attend t
FOLLOWING the departure of Gayhomes in the Market Square many years ago and the rise and fall of Mackays in King Street, the town centre has been denuded of a hardware and DIY shop.
Saffron Walden contains a high percentage of homeowners who must attend to many small jobs without calling in the experts.
Our town centre really does need a hardware and DIY shop for those resident handymen and handywomen.
The excellence of Homebase and Ridgeons are a long way from the town centre, but car-owning residents are urged to walk to the shops in an effort to reduce the toxic exhaust gas emitted into the atmosphere.
Furthermore, women residents would like a Marks & Spencer as a useful addition to the town centre.
But the town's home-owning resident DIY enthusiasts need a useful hardware and DIY shop in the town again.
- 1 Delayed 350 homes development approved
- 2 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 Flashmob choir, free lessons: Latest Ukraine support
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 7 Suffocating plants to be stripped out: Jubilee Pond makeover
- 8 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 10 e-comics and creative writing help from Essex libraries
Little Walden Road
- WHAT shops would you like to see come to Saffron Walden. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to 54 High Street, Saffron Walden, Essex CB10 1EE.