Town denuded of a hardware store
FOLLOWING the departure of Gayhomes in the Market Square many years ago and the rise and fall of Mackays in King Street, the town centre has been denuded of a hardware and DIY shop. Saffron Walden contains a high percentage of homeowners who must attend t
FOLLOWING the departure of Gayhomes in the Market Square many years ago and the rise and fall of Mackays in King Street, the town centre has been denuded of a hardware and DIY shop.
Saffron Walden contains a high percentage of homeowners who must attend to many small jobs without calling in the experts.
Our town centre really does need a hardware and DIY shop for those resident handymen and handywomen.
The excellence of Homebase and Ridgeons are a long way from the town centre, but car-owning residents are urged to walk to the shops in an effort to reduce the toxic exhaust gas emitted into the atmosphere.
You may also want to watch:
Furthermore, women residents would like a Marks & Spencer as a useful addition to the town centre.
But the town's home-owning resident DIY enthusiasts need a useful hardware and DIY shop in the town again.
- 1 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 2 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 3 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 4 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 5 Time to teach 'pandemic puppies' new tricks, charity says
- 6 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 7 Reader survey: Will we ever shake hands again?
- 8 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 9 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 10 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
Little Walden Road
- WHAT shops would you like to see come to Saffron Walden. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to 54 High Street, Saffron Walden, Essex CB10 1EE.