I UNDERSTAND that Uttlesford District Council has decided to withdraw finances to the Tourist Office. I was a volunteer at the office for many years as well as taking an active part in the availability of bed and breakfast accommodation. I know much trad
I UNDERSTAND that Uttlesford District Council has decided to withdraw finances to the Tourist Office.
I was a volunteer at the office for many years as well as taking an active part in the availability of bed and breakfast accommodation.
I know much trade was engendered by visitors to the town - using restaurants, cafes, public houses, buying souvenirs, exploring our antique shops and visiting sites of interest.
Many visitors return year after year and other visitors come here after hearing about Saffron Walden from friends and neighbours.
You may also want to watch:
The Tourist Office is enormously helpful, not only to local people, but to the surrounding district providing timetables, leaflets on a wealth of subjects, advertising up-coming
events and selling tickets
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 9 Thaxted flash flooding the 'worst in 30 years', says councillor
- 10 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out
If Uttlesford decide to withdraw funding this
would have a very injurious effect on the town and may be a decision they will greatly regret.