I UNDERSTAND that Uttlesford District Council has decided to withdraw finances to the Tourist Office. I was a volunteer at the office for many years as well as taking an active part in the availability of bed and breakfast accommodation. I know much trad
I UNDERSTAND that Uttlesford District Council has decided to withdraw finances to the Tourist Office.
I was a volunteer at the office for many years as well as taking an active part in the availability of bed and breakfast accommodation.
I know much trade was engendered by visitors to the town - using restaurants, cafes, public houses, buying souvenirs, exploring our antique shops and visiting sites of interest.
Many visitors return year after year and other visitors come here after hearing about Saffron Walden from friends and neighbours.
You may also want to watch:
The Tourist Office is enormously helpful, not only to local people, but to the surrounding district providing timetables, leaflets on a wealth of subjects, advertising up-coming
events and selling tickets
- 1 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 2 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton
- 3 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 4 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Walden teddy bear shop to relocate to new venue
- 7 Ex-prison governor on writing, retirement and baking at Angela Reed
- 8 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 9 Front garden VE Day display planned in Great Chesterford
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
If Uttlesford decide to withdraw funding this
would have a very injurious effect on the town and may be a decision they will greatly regret.