I UNDERSTAND that Uttlesford District Council has decided to withdraw finances to the Tourist Office. I was a volunteer at the office for many years as well as taking an active part in the availability of bed and breakfast accommodation. I know much trad
I UNDERSTAND that Uttlesford District Council has decided to withdraw finances to the Tourist Office.
I was a volunteer at the office for many years as well as taking an active part in the availability of bed and breakfast accommodation.
I know much trade was engendered by visitors to the town - using restaurants, cafes, public houses, buying souvenirs, exploring our antique shops and visiting sites of interest.
Many visitors return year after year and other visitors come here after hearing about Saffron Walden from friends and neighbours.
You may also want to watch:
The Tourist Office is enormously helpful, not only to local people, but to the surrounding district providing timetables, leaflets on a wealth of subjects, advertising up-coming
events and selling tickets
- 1 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 2 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 3 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 4 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 5 Universal Credit: Help is still out there, says Essex County Council
- 6 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 7 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 8 More than 17,000 Uttlesford pensioners claim cash to help heat their homes
- 9 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 10 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
If Uttlesford decide to withdraw funding this
would have a very injurious effect on the town and may be a decision they will greatly regret.