True or false
DURING recent years we have heard much from BAA concerning the benefits a Stansted Airport, about 40 per cent bigger than Heathrow is at the present time, will bring us but what is true or false about what we are being told? BAA says that airport expansio
DURING recent years we have heard much from BAA concerning the benefits a Stansted Airport, about 40 per cent bigger than Heathrow is at the present time, will bring us but what is true or false about what we are being told?
BAA says that airport expansion is good for our economy; FALSE.
The Government's statistics show the net balance of payments from tourists using aviation is over £18 billion in the RED. If this is good for our economy, what is bad?
BAA closes its eyes to the increasing number of people using cars to get to and from the airport;
You may also want to watch:
TRUE. Recent information shows there are more cars going to and from the airport than ever before and there is nothing to suggest this trend will ever change.
BAA would like us to believe that low air fares are allowing a much higher proportion of low income families to fly more often; FALSE. CAA recently announced that the current passenger income profile is no different since before low fare flights were introduced, it is the wealthier few who are mainly using cheap flights.
- 1 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 2 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 3 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 4 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 5 Universal Credit: Help is still out there, says Essex County Council
- 6 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 7 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 8 More than 17,000 Uttlesford pensioners claim cash to help heat their homes
- 9 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 10 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
BAA tell us that aviation is the minority contributor to the growth of climate change emissions; TRUE.
What they don't tell is that aviation is the fastest growing contributor to climate change emissions and, based on current trends, will be the major contributor in about 30 years, maybe much sooner.