Use money to improve roads
OH, Mr Walters, what are you doing now? Standing happily in our market square and planning to spend £150,000 on improvements tarting up a perfectly functional and ancient space for the use of all of us. What is this ghastly asphalt you mention? Our a
OH, Mr Walters, what are you doing now? Standing happily in our market square and planning to spend £150,000 on 'improvements' tarting up a perfectly functional and ancient space for the use of all of us.
What is this 'ghastly asphalt' you mention? Our asphalt is in a useable condition. I see no purpose in widening the footpaths.
They are adequate and you will reduce the space allotted for vehicles - many of which belong to badge holders of limited mobility or else are delivery vans.
This money might be better spent on improving road surfaces in other parts of the town, like the High Street or East Street.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks again, Mr Walters. We want value for money and this isn't it!
Jane Benson, Elm Grove, Saffron Walden
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 5 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 8 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open