Use money to improve roads
OH, Mr Walters, what are you doing now? Standing happily in our market square and planning to spend £150,000 on improvements tarting up a perfectly functional and ancient space for the use of all of us. What is this ghastly asphalt you mention? Our a
OH, Mr Walters, what are you doing now? Standing happily in our market square and planning to spend £150,000 on 'improvements' tarting up a perfectly functional and ancient space for the use of all of us.
What is this 'ghastly asphalt' you mention? Our asphalt is in a useable condition. I see no purpose in widening the footpaths.
They are adequate and you will reduce the space allotted for vehicles - many of which belong to badge holders of limited mobility or else are delivery vans.
This money might be better spent on improving road surfaces in other parts of the town, like the High Street or East Street.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks again, Mr Walters. We want value for money and this isn't it!
Jane Benson, Elm Grove, Saffron Walden
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 7 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 8 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital