Use money to improve roads
OH, Mr Walters, what are you doing now? Standing happily in our market square and planning to spend £150,000 on improvements tarting up a perfectly functional and ancient space for the use of all of us. What is this ghastly asphalt you mention? Our a
OH, Mr Walters, what are you doing now? Standing happily in our market square and planning to spend £150,000 on 'improvements' tarting up a perfectly functional and ancient space for the use of all of us.
What is this 'ghastly asphalt' you mention? Our asphalt is in a useable condition. I see no purpose in widening the footpaths.
They are adequate and you will reduce the space allotted for vehicles - many of which belong to badge holders of limited mobility or else are delivery vans.
This money might be better spent on improving road surfaces in other parts of the town, like the High Street or East Street.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks again, Mr Walters. We want value for money and this isn't it!
Jane Benson, Elm Grove, Saffron Walden
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 9 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 10 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold