Views count on homes
THE Fairfield Partnership, which wishes to build a 5000 house new town between Elsenham and Henham, have now delivered a brochure entitled Elsenham – a new market town for Uttlesford to homes in the affected area. The brochure tells us, among other thin
THE Fairfield Partnership, which wishes to build a 5000 house new town between Elsenham and Henham, have now delivered a brochure entitled 'Elsenham - a new market town for Uttlesford' to homes in the affected area.
The brochure tells us, among other things, that they are planning public exhibitions because "your views count".
But it would appear that the views of the people of Elsenham and Henham don't count for much - the exhibition will be on October 14, between 11am and 4pm in Henham and between 6pm and 9pm in Elsenham.
But probably there's no real need to consult with the residents here - as Fairfield point out in their brochure: "Uttlesford District Council ... has identified land north east of Elsenham, which is under the control of Fairfield ... as its 'preferred option'".
So that'll be a big thank you from Elsenham and Henham to the local Conservatives - it was Con Cllr Ketteridge's inane scheme, with support from Con Cllr Barker, 'Environment' chair, which got us into this mess in the first place.
Lillian Adams, High Street, Elsenham
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 3 Police appeals into two Uttlesford incidents
- 4 Saffron Walden photographer's book a permanent record of life in a locked down town
- 5 Decision yet to be made on Saffron Walden's 20mph limit
- 6 Consultation on traffic in Walden's Market Square ends on Monday
- 7 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner
- 8 Essex parents fear return to remote lessons amid school staff shortage
- 9 Derby fun for Wendens Ambo as they brush off logistical headache
- 10 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat