We ask again – Why Elsenham?’
IN EVERYTHING that has been stated about the siting of 3000 homes in Uttlesford, the one question that has never been answered is why Elsenham? This has been asked at every meeting and not once have we had an answer as to what other sites were conside
IN EVERYTHING that has been stated about the siting of 3000 homes in Uttlesford, the one question that has never been answered is
This has been asked at every meeting and not once have we had an answer as to what other sites were considered by the ruling Tory group before deciding, which leads us to the conclusion that no others were considered at all.
It is obvious to anyone who cares to study the area around Elsenham/Henham/
You may also want to watch:
Stansted that the most unsuitable site in the district has been chosen.
If any site should have been chosen at all, it should have been between Saffron Walden/Great Chesterford, to which all the arguments put forward in favour of "Hellsenham" actually apply!
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 6 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 7 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 8 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 9 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
Cllr Rolfe keeps taunting us for being political and adopting a bullying attitude in this matter, most recently at the recent South-West Area Panel meeting in Stansted, where as a member of the audience he was allowed to address the meeting almost immediately after the chairman Cllr Jones refused to allow a woman in the audience to speak. I am pleased to say he got short shrift from the 100 or so people there!
If anyone has politicised this matter and tried bullying tactics, it is the Tories of UDC, leading any impartial observer to the inescapable conclusion that this has been dumped on Elsenham/Henham as it was the only area that did not elect a Tory candidate in last summer's local elections.
In conclusion, I am sure the vast majority in Elsenham/Henham do not wish to see this development dumped in somebody else's back yard, it is the underhand way this whole matter is being pursued by the Tories that rankles, in particular having the consultation period over Christmas whilst blaming the Government for this.
If the UDC Tories are prepared to defy the Government over Stansted Airport, why are they not prepared to do so over this?