We ask again – Why Elsenham?’
IN EVERYTHING that has been stated about the siting of 3000 homes in Uttlesford, the one question that has never been answered is why Elsenham? This has been asked at every meeting and not once have we had an answer as to what other sites were conside
IN EVERYTHING that has been stated about the siting of 3000 homes in Uttlesford, the one question that has never been answered is
This has been asked at every meeting and not once have we had an answer as to what other sites were considered by the ruling Tory group before deciding, which leads us to the conclusion that no others were considered at all.
It is obvious to anyone who cares to study the area around Elsenham/Henham/
You may also want to watch:
Stansted that the most unsuitable site in the district has been chosen.
If any site should have been chosen at all, it should have been between Saffron Walden/Great Chesterford, to which all the arguments put forward in favour of "Hellsenham" actually apply!
- 1 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 2 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 3 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 4 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Old pirate ship climbing frame is removed for safety
- 7 New Walden mayor announces his charities for the year
- 8 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 9 Sir David Attenborough, JK Rowling inspire Debden
- 10 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
Cllr Rolfe keeps taunting us for being political and adopting a bullying attitude in this matter, most recently at the recent South-West Area Panel meeting in Stansted, where as a member of the audience he was allowed to address the meeting almost immediately after the chairman Cllr Jones refused to allow a woman in the audience to speak. I am pleased to say he got short shrift from the 100 or so people there!
If anyone has politicised this matter and tried bullying tactics, it is the Tories of UDC, leading any impartial observer to the inescapable conclusion that this has been dumped on Elsenham/Henham as it was the only area that did not elect a Tory candidate in last summer's local elections.
In conclusion, I am sure the vast majority in Elsenham/Henham do not wish to see this development dumped in somebody else's back yard, it is the underhand way this whole matter is being pursued by the Tories that rankles, in particular having the consultation period over Christmas whilst blaming the Government for this.
If the UDC Tories are prepared to defy the Government over Stansted Airport, why are they not prepared to do so over this?