We support police force
IN RESPONSE to your article of Sept 7 regarding criticism of force s response to the illegal rave in Great Chesterford – Sam Tuxworth of Wimbish Green says it was a waste of tax payers money / police time and they could have solved some real crime inst
IN RESPONSE to your article of Sept 7 regarding 'criticism of force's response' to the illegal rave in Great Chesterford - Sam Tuxworth of Wimbish Green says it was a waste of tax payers' money / police time and they could have solved some real crime instead!
I could not disagree more and I know from having talked to other people that many of us are wholly supportive of the police action.
Real crime (criminal damage and trespass)was stopped - also distress and annoyance was caused to local inhabitants and this was stopped as well.
What Mr Tuxworth clearly fails to realise is that people wishing to live quietly in the countryside do not and will not accept these 'unplanned', disruptive and extremely noisy events on their doorstep.
You may also want to watch:
What gives Mr Tuxworth the right to trespass and create a nuisance with impunity? I do really hope the police will continue to deal 'robustly' with such events.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 3 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 4 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex