We support police force
IN RESPONSE to your article of Sept 7 regarding criticism of force s response to the illegal rave in Great Chesterford – Sam Tuxworth of Wimbish Green says it was a waste of tax payers money / police time and they could have solved some real crime inst
IN RESPONSE to your article of Sept 7 regarding 'criticism of force's response' to the illegal rave in Great Chesterford - Sam Tuxworth of Wimbish Green says it was a waste of tax payers' money / police time and they could have solved some real crime instead!
I could not disagree more and I know from having talked to other people that many of us are wholly supportive of the police action.
Real crime (criminal damage and trespass)was stopped - also distress and annoyance was caused to local inhabitants and this was stopped as well.
What Mr Tuxworth clearly fails to realise is that people wishing to live quietly in the countryside do not and will not accept these 'unplanned', disruptive and extremely noisy events on their doorstep.
You may also want to watch:
What gives Mr Tuxworth the right to trespass and create a nuisance with impunity? I do really hope the police will continue to deal 'robustly' with such events.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 5 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 6 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 7 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 8 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 9 St Mary's service held to mark death of Prince Philip
- 10 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes