We support police force
IN RESPONSE to your article of Sept 7 regarding criticism of force s response to the illegal rave in Great Chesterford – Sam Tuxworth of Wimbish Green says it was a waste of tax payers money / police time and they could have solved some real crime inst
IN RESPONSE to your article of Sept 7 regarding 'criticism of force's response' to the illegal rave in Great Chesterford - Sam Tuxworth of Wimbish Green says it was a waste of tax payers' money / police time and they could have solved some real crime instead!
I could not disagree more and I know from having talked to other people that many of us are wholly supportive of the police action.
Real crime (criminal damage and trespass)was stopped - also distress and annoyance was caused to local inhabitants and this was stopped as well.
What Mr Tuxworth clearly fails to realise is that people wishing to live quietly in the countryside do not and will not accept these 'unplanned', disruptive and extremely noisy events on their doorstep.
You may also want to watch:
What gives Mr Tuxworth the right to trespass and create a nuisance with impunity? I do really hope the police will continue to deal 'robustly' with such events.
- 1 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 2 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 3 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 4 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 5 'Pup Idol' comes to Saffron Walden as search for Wizard of Oz pooch Toto begins
- 6 Juniors the toast of Saffron Walden Golf Club after double championship success
- 7 Q&A: Elsenham WI President Moyra Jackson
- 8 NCTJ staff raise more than £7,000 for journalism bursary
- 9 There With You This Winter: Walden Mayor backs our campaign
- 10 Saffron Striders hit the Cambridge Half Marathon en masse