We support police force
IN RESPONSE to your article of Sept 7 regarding criticism of force s response to the illegal rave in Great Chesterford – Sam Tuxworth of Wimbish Green says it was a waste of tax payers money / police time and they could have solved some real crime inst
IN RESPONSE to your article of Sept 7 regarding 'criticism of force's response' to the illegal rave in Great Chesterford - Sam Tuxworth of Wimbish Green says it was a waste of tax payers' money / police time and they could have solved some real crime instead!
I could not disagree more and I know from having talked to other people that many of us are wholly supportive of the police action.
Real crime (criminal damage and trespass)was stopped - also distress and annoyance was caused to local inhabitants and this was stopped as well.
What Mr Tuxworth clearly fails to realise is that people wishing to live quietly in the countryside do not and will not accept these 'unplanned', disruptive and extremely noisy events on their doorstep.
You may also want to watch:
What gives Mr Tuxworth the right to trespass and create a nuisance with impunity? I do really hope the police will continue to deal 'robustly' with such events.
- 1 Tracking Covid at the Sanger Institute
- 2 Awards for pandemic heroes launched
- 3 Buses replace trains while train tracks are replaced
- 4 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 5 Electric cars for SMT GB staff
- 6 Saffron Striders celebrate achievements in challenging season
- 7 Covid jab success in North Uttlesford
- 8 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 9 Free vegetarian meal service launched
- 10 Council responds to unflattering comments