Well done to the town’s football club
SAFFRON Walden Football Club is going from strength to strength. I have been watching the club for some 34 years and during that time Saffron Walden have had some good teams. But the display during the first half of our game on February 24 against Cornar
SAFFRON Walden Football Club is going from strength to strength. I have been watching the club for some 34 years and during that time Saffron Walden have had some good teams.
But the display during the first half of our game on February 24 against Cornard United was, in my opinion, the best football I have ever seen them play.
On a cold and wet day on a slippery surface, they stuck to their game-plan of playing football. It was a joy to watch, 'push and run' like the Spurs team of the 1960s.
Although we missed a hatful of chances, some of these days it will click.
You may also want to watch:
All credit must go to our motivational chairman and our excellent manager and coaches for developing the lads and insisting on a disciplined and hard-working approach.
One of the opposition committee said to me that he was very impressed by our football. I replied that I was very proud of the team, as I know our chairman, manager and coaches are.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 3 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 4 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 5 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 6 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 7 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 8 More restrictions set to be scrapped in Boris Johnson's winter Covid plan
- 9 Dramatic pictures show extent of three north-west Essex farm fires
- 10 Ribbon cut celebrates reopening of town playground
I also received a congratulatory letter from our main sponsors regarding us reaching our divisional cup final, Mr and Mrs Riley of DAS Business Furniture, which I conveyed to the team before our last home match. Well done lads.