Well done to the town’s football club
SAFFRON Walden Football Club is going from strength to strength. I have been watching the club for some 34 years and during that time Saffron Walden have had some good teams. But the display during the first half of our game on February 24 against Cornar
SAFFRON Walden Football Club is going from strength to strength. I have been watching the club for some 34 years and during that time Saffron Walden have had some good teams.
But the display during the first half of our game on February 24 against Cornard United was, in my opinion, the best football I have ever seen them play.
On a cold and wet day on a slippery surface, they stuck to their game-plan of playing football. It was a joy to watch, 'push and run' like the Spurs team of the 1960s.
Although we missed a hatful of chances, some of these days it will click.
You may also want to watch:
All credit must go to our motivational chairman and our excellent manager and coaches for developing the lads and insisting on a disciplined and hard-working approach.
One of the opposition committee said to me that he was very impressed by our football. I replied that I was very proud of the team, as I know our chairman, manager and coaches are.
- 1 Free vegetarian meal service launched
- 2 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 3 Gordon's 'fiver for a jab' fundraiser for NHS
- 4 Greens and Lib Dems disassociate themselves from investment decision
- 5 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
- 6 Essex county council deputy says he will stand for top job
- 7 Fun for virtual World Book Day 2021
- 8 Try this: MasterChef winner Chef Webb's recipe for roasted chicken supreme
- 9 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
- 10 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
I also received a congratulatory letter from our main sponsors regarding us reaching our divisional cup final, Mr and Mrs Riley of DAS Business Furniture, which I conveyed to the team before our last home match. Well done lads.