Wrong housing option
We regularly see the protests of residents in Henham and Elsenham who don t want the proposed new town to be Uttlesford District Council s Option 4 or the Government s eco-town. As I understand, they favour an alternative of spreading these government imp
We regularly see the protests of residents in Henham and Elsenham who don't want the proposed new town to be Uttlesford District Council's Option 4 or the Government's eco-town.
As I understand, they favour an alternative of spreading these government imposed houses across the whole of Uttlesford.
Put yourself in the eyes of a Dunmow, Stebbing or Takeley resident. We already find ourselves in villages that are almost unrecognisable from those which we lived in a few years ago. We have had a huge amount of development and cannot take any more.
Our Conservative administration at Uttlesford is between a rock and a hard place. No one wants these government-imposed houses.
You may also want to watch:
Our elected members and officers should be planning our local development based on our district's housing need, not have Westminster telling them what we must have.
When Elsenham and Henham residents say not Option 4, what is the choice?
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 3 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
- 8 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
Surely not more development in areas like ours which have already taken more than their fair share.
This problem stems from a Labour government that dictates but does not listen.
Carol James, Dunmow