I HAVE just heard the news that Wicken House in Wicken Bonhunt is going to close as a residential youth education provider. I stayed at Wicken House in 1979 on a school trip with Somers Heath Junior School, Thurrock Essex. It was my first trip away and
I HAVE just heard the news that Wicken House in
Wicken Bonhunt is going to close as a residential youth education provider.
I stayed at Wicken House in 1979 on a school trip with Somers Heath Junior School, Thurrock Essex.
It was my first trip away and I had the best week! I am now 38 and have very fond memories of my trip away to Wicken House and the surrounding area, visiting the local windmill and my trip to Thaxted.
You may also want to watch:
This would be a great shame for other children to not be able to experience the great time that I and my friends had on our week at Wicken House.
It was a great place to stay. I have only found out by chance of its closure and want to have my say!
- 1 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 2 New outreach Post Office for community
- 3 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 Classical BRIT Award-winning Jess Gillam to play Saffron Hall
- 7 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 8 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 9 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 10 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
I kept a project book that I wrote all those years ago about my stay with Barry and all the friendly team. I have always wanted to revisit Wicken House, and now tell my own children about the place and what a great place it is.
I now live in Coventry but this will not stop me visiting Wicken House before the doors close. I hope it is able to remain open, this is a great place for children. I do feel very sad about this! Please, please Essex County Council, rethink your plans!