�1.5 million electricity upgrade for Thaxted and Dunmow
A PROJECT which will increase the reliability of power supplies for about 13,000 customers is taking place between Thaxted and Dunmow.
UK Power Networks, which owns and runs the electricity distribution network across the east of England, south east and London, has spent �1.5 million to install 12.5 kilometres of new cabling to replace existing overhead power lines.
Work to install the high voltage cables started in February and has now been completed. The new poles and cables were installed directly alongside the existing line, which will be taken down.
UK Power Networks project manager Chris Sugars said: “This represents one of the biggest direct rebuilds of the high voltage network we have done for many years. The demand for power, from our customers in the area around Dunmow has increased and we are also building for the future because this area is within the M11 corridor for regional development.
“The replacement lines will benefit local homes and businesses because they give us greater flexibility to maintain the electricity network and this gives local people more reliable power supplies.”
You may also want to watch:
UK Power Networks is investing approximately �1.8billion between 2010 and 2015 to improve the performance of its electricity networks. This particular project is part of a major investment which UK Power Networks has made in the electricity network in the north of Essex, having already spent �5 million upgrading the primary substation in Thaxted.
- 1 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 2 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 3 Thefts from village cars cause hundreds of pounds in losses
- 4 Controversial investment is ethical, district councillors say
- 5 District council urged to cancel investment
- 6 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 7 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 8 High Street shop staff will 'miss Saffron Walden community'
- 9 Covid jab success in North Uttlesford
- 10 Another business permanently closes its doors in Saffron Walden