11-year-old boy dies following car crash
AN 11-year-old boy who was injured in a car crash last Wednesday night has died in hospital.
The youngster was the front-seat passenger in a black Peugeot 206 which struck a tree on the B1051 near Thaxted shortly before 9.30pm on October 3.
Police said it appeared the driver, a 19-year-old woman, had lost control of the car. She was also taken to hospital, where she remains in a stable condition.
The boy sustained head injuries in the crash and died in hospital yesterday (Monday).
The pair were from the Thaxted area.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information in connection with the crash has been urged to contact Essex Police’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 or by emailing the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 2 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 3 Tools collection is a huge success
- 4 District heroes named in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 5 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 6 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 7 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 8 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 9 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 10 'We're not trying to target young people': e-scooter awareness drive