11-year-old boy dies following car crash
AN 11-year-old boy who was injured in a car crash last Wednesday night has died in hospital.
The youngster was the front-seat passenger in a black Peugeot 206 which struck a tree on the B1051 near Thaxted shortly before 9.30pm on October 3.
Police said it appeared the driver, a 19-year-old woman, had lost control of the car. She was also taken to hospital, where she remains in a stable condition.
The boy sustained head injuries in the crash and died in hospital yesterday (Monday).
The pair were from the Thaxted area.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information in connection with the crash has been urged to contact Essex Police’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 or by emailing the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 2 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 3 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 4 Delight as triathlon returns to Saffron Walden for 20th edition
- 5 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 6 Mencap 'thank you' for Dig It community allotment
- 7 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 8 New cup and pavilion are dedicated to memory of Colin Bazley
- 9 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 10 Cambridge Music Festival returns with 30th anniversary programme of concerts and online offerings