11-year-old boy dies following car crash
AN 11-year-old boy who was injured in a car crash last Wednesday night has died in hospital.
The youngster was the front-seat passenger in a black Peugeot 206 which struck a tree on the B1051 near Thaxted shortly before 9.30pm on October 3.
Police said it appeared the driver, a 19-year-old woman, had lost control of the car. She was also taken to hospital, where she remains in a stable condition.
The boy sustained head injuries in the crash and died in hospital yesterday (Monday).
The pair were from the Thaxted area.
Anyone with information in connection with the crash has been urged to contact Essex Police’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 or by emailing the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 Police appeals into two Uttlesford incidents
- 3 Decision yet to be made on Saffron Walden's 20mph limit
- 4 Consultation on traffic in Walden's Market Square ends on Monday
- 5 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
- 6 Derby fun for Wendens Ambo as they brush off logistical headache
- 7 Saffron Walden photographer's book a permanent record of life in a locked down town
- 8 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Large Visitor Attraction of the Year finalists
- 9 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 10 Things to do in Essex February 2022