11-year-old boy dies following car crash
AN 11-year-old boy who was injured in a car crash last Wednesday night has died in hospital.
The youngster was the front-seat passenger in a black Peugeot 206 which struck a tree on the B1051 near Thaxted shortly before 9.30pm on October 3.
Police said it appeared the driver, a 19-year-old woman, had lost control of the car. She was also taken to hospital, where she remains in a stable condition.
The boy sustained head injuries in the crash and died in hospital yesterday (Monday).
The pair were from the Thaxted area.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information in connection with the crash has been urged to contact Essex Police’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 or by emailing the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Another planning application as previous rejection prepares for appeal
- 4 Villages around Saffron Walden covered in frost and snow
- 5 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 6 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 7 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 10 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council