24 babies in just eight weeks: Essex town witnesses baby boom
Mums bond at yoga sessions
A SAFFRON Walden pregnancy Yoga class has seen 24 women give birth within an eight-week period – and 10 of them fell pregnant in the same week.
The class is run by teacher Emma Stevens, who suggested it must be something in the water.
“It’s fantastic to see so many women give birth at the same time. By attending the yoga classes they have made a great network of friends and I know that have already reunited with their babies.
“ I am proud of all of them. The classes helped them to exercise more during their pregnancy and they went into labour so positive.”
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Hafiz, one of the 24 ladies to give birth, said: “I attended Emma’s classes and it was wonderful to meet other pregnant women the same time as me. I gave birth within six hours and just used Emma’s wonderful breathing techniques. The only pain relief I need was the yoga and the breathing.”
Although new pregnant women are joining the class every week Emma said she doesn’t expect this many births in such a short space of time for a while.
- 1 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 2 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 3 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 4 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 7 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 8 Saffron Hall's Come Together project starts online this month
- 9 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 10 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
For details of classes contact Emma on 07970 80 7389 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org