24 babies in just eight weeks: Essex town witnesses baby boom
Mums bond at yoga sessions
A SAFFRON Walden pregnancy Yoga class has seen 24 women give birth within an eight-week period – and 10 of them fell pregnant in the same week.
The class is run by teacher Emma Stevens, who suggested it must be something in the water.
“It’s fantastic to see so many women give birth at the same time. By attending the yoga classes they have made a great network of friends and I know that have already reunited with their babies.
“ I am proud of all of them. The classes helped them to exercise more during their pregnancy and they went into labour so positive.”
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Hafiz, one of the 24 ladies to give birth, said: “I attended Emma’s classes and it was wonderful to meet other pregnant women the same time as me. I gave birth within six hours and just used Emma’s wonderful breathing techniques. The only pain relief I need was the yoga and the breathing.”
Although new pregnant women are joining the class every week Emma said she doesn’t expect this many births in such a short space of time for a while.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 3 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 4 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 5 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 6 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 7 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Town council challenges water softening decision
For details of classes contact Emma on 07970 80 7389 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org