24 babies in just eight weeks: Essex town witnesses baby boom
Mums bond at yoga sessions
A SAFFRON Walden pregnancy Yoga class has seen 24 women give birth within an eight-week period – and 10 of them fell pregnant in the same week.
The class is run by teacher Emma Stevens, who suggested it must be something in the water.
“It’s fantastic to see so many women give birth at the same time. By attending the yoga classes they have made a great network of friends and I know that have already reunited with their babies.
“ I am proud of all of them. The classes helped them to exercise more during their pregnancy and they went into labour so positive.”
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Hafiz, one of the 24 ladies to give birth, said: “I attended Emma’s classes and it was wonderful to meet other pregnant women the same time as me. I gave birth within six hours and just used Emma’s wonderful breathing techniques. The only pain relief I need was the yoga and the breathing.”
Although new pregnant women are joining the class every week Emma said she doesn’t expect this many births in such a short space of time for a while.
- 1 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 2 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 3 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 4 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 5 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 6 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 7 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 8 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 George Peasgood doubling up at Paralympics with cycling selection following triathlon call
For details of classes contact Emma on 07970 80 7389 or e-mail email@example.com