£5,000 grants available for Uttlesford’s flooded homes and businesses
- Credit: Archant
Homeowners and businesses that have been affected by flooding in Uttlesford are now able to apply to the district council for up to £5,000 towards flood prevention and resilience measures.
The government’s Repair and Renew Grant is available to residents and businesses that were affected by the flooding between December 1, 2013 and March 31, 2014.
The grant application form sets out what measures are eligible, and includes works such as altering floors and moving electrics, waterproofing external walls and installing a garage or driveway barrier.
Cllr Susan Barker, cabinet member for environmental services, said: “Although the flooding in this district was not as severe as other parts of the country, we do welcome this funding from central government and are pleased to take on the task of assessing and approving grants for suitable measures to make homes and business premises more resilient to flooding.”
The grant is part of a package of measures recently announced by government to help homeowners and businesses affected by flooding.
You may also want to watch:
In addition to the Repair and Renew grant residents affected by flooding may also be eligible for Council Tax Discount and businesses affected by flooding could be eligible for Business Rates Flooding Relief as well as grant assistance under the Business Support Scheme
Applications forms can be found at uttlesford.gov.uk/repairandrenewalgrant
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 3 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 6 Reflections: A World War One soldier who was killed in battle
- 7 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 8 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
For further information, contact John Farnell, building control team leader at Uttlesford District Council, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01799 510538.