�50,000 up for grabs in Stansted Airport’s latest community cash giveaway
COMMUNITY groups neighbouring Stansted Airport are again being given the chance to take a shot at winning �50,000 worth of funding.
For a second year running, the Stansted Community Fund has pledged to donate the staggering sum to a charity or community group involved in projects linked to education, the environment and employment.
Fund member and Stansted Airport’s corporate social responsibility manager, Marcella M’Rabety, said: “We are all aware these are very difficult economic times so we’re absolutely delighted to be able to offer this huge sum once again for the Fund’s Charity Challenge.
“The last initiative was a resounding success, through which we were able to give a vital boost to the Hatfield Broad Oak Village Green Project.
“The challenge has only been running a few days but applications are already streaming in. We’re particularly looking for local projects linked to education, the environment and economic regeneration – areas for which local people tell us they most value Fund support.”
The Stansted Community Fund, part of the BAA Communities Trust, is a registered grant-making charity that’s backed by an annual donation from BAA. The independently run Fund provides much-needed support to projects in the communities within a 40 mile radius of the airport.
Closing date for applications is September 2. A panel of local judges will then select the winner from the shortlisted bids.
- 1 Stage times for Simple Minds' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 2 Items worth three-figure sum 'stolen' from Holland and Barrett
- 3 Have your say on plan to build 233 homes in Saffron Walden
- 4 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 5 Uttlesford District Council to take part in energy rebate scheme
- 6 Saffron Walden Community Shed saves the day for charities in need
- 7 Elbow stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 8 Alice in Wonderland cast announced for Bridge End Gardens performances in Saffron Walden
- 9 No Stansted Express trains for five days in August
- 10 Simple Minds set for Audley End concert ahead of releasing new album Direction Of The Heart
To download an application form visit stanstedairport.com/community and click on the Community Matters page. For further information about the charity challenge, e-mail email@example.com