�50,000 up for grabs in Stansted Airport’s latest community cash giveaway
COMMUNITY groups neighbouring Stansted Airport are again being given the chance to take a shot at winning �50,000 worth of funding.
For a second year running, the Stansted Community Fund has pledged to donate the staggering sum to a charity or community group involved in projects linked to education, the environment and employment.
Fund member and Stansted Airport’s corporate social responsibility manager, Marcella M’Rabety, said: “We are all aware these are very difficult economic times so we’re absolutely delighted to be able to offer this huge sum once again for the Fund’s Charity Challenge.
“The last initiative was a resounding success, through which we were able to give a vital boost to the Hatfield Broad Oak Village Green Project.
“The challenge has only been running a few days but applications are already streaming in. We’re particularly looking for local projects linked to education, the environment and economic regeneration – areas for which local people tell us they most value Fund support.”
You may also want to watch:
The Stansted Community Fund, part of the BAA Communities Trust, is a registered grant-making charity that’s backed by an annual donation from BAA. The independently run Fund provides much-needed support to projects in the communities within a 40 mile radius of the airport.
Closing date for applications is September 2. A panel of local judges will then select the winner from the shortlisted bids.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 6 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 9 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 10 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
To download an application form visit stanstedairport.com/community and click on the Community Matters page. For further information about the charity challenge, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org