�50,000 up for grabs in Stansted Airport’s latest community cash giveaway
COMMUNITY groups neighbouring Stansted Airport are again being given the chance to take a shot at winning �50,000 worth of funding.
For a second year running, the Stansted Community Fund has pledged to donate the staggering sum to a charity or community group involved in projects linked to education, the environment and employment.
Fund member and Stansted Airport’s corporate social responsibility manager, Marcella M’Rabety, said: “We are all aware these are very difficult economic times so we’re absolutely delighted to be able to offer this huge sum once again for the Fund’s Charity Challenge.
“The last initiative was a resounding success, through which we were able to give a vital boost to the Hatfield Broad Oak Village Green Project.
“The challenge has only been running a few days but applications are already streaming in. We’re particularly looking for local projects linked to education, the environment and economic regeneration – areas for which local people tell us they most value Fund support.”
You may also want to watch:
The Stansted Community Fund, part of the BAA Communities Trust, is a registered grant-making charity that’s backed by an annual donation from BAA. The independently run Fund provides much-needed support to projects in the communities within a 40 mile radius of the airport.
Closing date for applications is September 2. A panel of local judges will then select the winner from the shortlisted bids.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 7 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 8 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 9 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
To download an application form visit stanstedairport.com/community and click on the Community Matters page. For further information about the charity challenge, e-mail email@example.com