77-year-old cyclist injured in collision
POLICE are appealing for witnesses to a collision between a car and a cyclist.
The cyclist, a 77-year-old man, suffered serious injuries following the collision with a Mazda G568 on the eastbound carriageway of the A11 near Balsham.
He was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital for treatment. The driver of the Mazda was not injured.
The collision happened at 2.45pm on Saturday (June 2).
PC John Blood, investigating, said: “I would appeal to anyone who saw either the cyclist or the car prior to the collision to call police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call PC Blood on 101.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 9 Thaxted flash flooding the 'worst in 30 years', says councillor
- 10 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out