77-year-old cyclist injured in collision
POLICE are appealing for witnesses to a collision between a car and a cyclist.
The cyclist, a 77-year-old man, suffered serious injuries following the collision with a Mazda G568 on the eastbound carriageway of the A11 near Balsham.
He was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital for treatment. The driver of the Mazda was not injured.
The collision happened at 2.45pm on Saturday (June 2).
PC John Blood, investigating, said: “I would appeal to anyone who saw either the cyclist or the car prior to the collision to call police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call PC Blood on 101.
- 1 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 2 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 3 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 4 Thefts from village cars cause hundreds of pounds in losses
- 5 District council urged to cancel investment
- 6 Footpath sign that points to wall is likened to Harry Potter book
- 7 Controversial investment is ethical, district councillors say
- 8 Council leader 'will not seek re-election'
- 9 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 10 Another business permanently closes its doors in Saffron Walden