77-year-old cyclist injured in collision
POLICE are appealing for witnesses to a collision between a car and a cyclist.
The cyclist, a 77-year-old man, suffered serious injuries following the collision with a Mazda G568 on the eastbound carriageway of the A11 near Balsham.
He was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital for treatment. The driver of the Mazda was not injured.
The collision happened at 2.45pm on Saturday (June 2).
PC John Blood, investigating, said: “I would appeal to anyone who saw either the cyclist or the car prior to the collision to call police.”
Anyone with any information should call PC Blood on 101.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 3 Data reveals distracted drivers repeatedly caught in Essex
- 4 Police appeals into two Uttlesford incidents
- 5 Decision yet to be made on Saffron Walden's 20mph limit
- 6 Consultation on traffic in Walden's Market Square ends on Monday
- 7 Saffron Walden photographer's book a permanent record of life in a locked down town
- 8 The low-alcohol drinks produced in and around north-west Essex
- 9 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
- 10 Essex Young Farmers celebrate Plough Sunday with Thaxted tractor run