77-year-old cyclist injured in collision
POLICE are appealing for witnesses to a collision between a car and a cyclist.
The cyclist, a 77-year-old man, suffered serious injuries following the collision with a Mazda G568 on the eastbound carriageway of the A11 near Balsham.
He was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital for treatment. The driver of the Mazda was not injured.
The collision happened at 2.45pm on Saturday (June 2).
PC John Blood, investigating, said: “I would appeal to anyone who saw either the cyclist or the car prior to the collision to call police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call PC Blood on 101.
- 1 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 2 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 3 Walden teddy bear shop to relocate to new venue
- 4 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 5 Ex-prison governor on writing, retirement and baking at Angela Reed
- 6 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 7 Front garden VE Day display planned in Great Chesterford
- 8 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
- 9 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 10 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton