£80,000 up for grabs for Uttlesford’s voluntary organisations
Funding has been allocated in a voluntary sector grant scheme, with application forms available.
Grants can be made to properly-constituted voluntary organisations to assist them with financing community projects.
The grant is for revenue expenditure only and cannot be used towards capital projects such as refurbishment of buildings.
About £80,000 is available, and the maximum grant to any one organisation is £5,000 for this one-off funding.
The kind of organisations eligible for help include community groups, voluntary and charitable organisations within the district.
You may also want to watch:
However, organisations already in receipt of the council’s three-year Voluntary Sector Grant are not eligible to apply. Applications from organisations established for less than a year will not be considered.
Funding must be spent by March 20, 2014. The closing date for applications is noon on November 28 and organisations will be told by December 30.
- 1 Walden club requests you donate your unwanted tools
- 2 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 3 Award for carpentry apprentice who follows her father into the industry
- 4 Mayor presents vouchers to help foodbank clients
- 5 Further registrars speak out in wedding consultation row
- 6 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 7 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 8 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 9 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
For an application form or further information, contact the council’s community development officer Sue Hayden on 01799 510563 or via e-mail at email@example.com.