94 per cent of Essex parents offered first or second choice of primary school
NINETY four per cent of parents across Essex have been offered their first or second choice of primary or infant school, according to the county council.
A total of 87 per cent have been offered their first choice school for the next academic year, with 7 per cent getting their second and just over 2 per cent their third.
Less than 3 per cent of parents could not be offered any of their preferences, and have been offered a place at the nearest school with space available.
Essex County Council’s director for education, Tim Coulson, said; “I am delighted that so many parents have received the news they wanted. In Essex we are working hard towards a world class education system and ensuring the admissions process runs smoothly is an important step in doing this.
“There are significant challenges resulting from the rapidly rising pupil numbers across the Country and I am pleased that in Essex we have responded to these challenges and made sure that every child has a place available on offer day. We are pleased to have worked with local authority maintained schools and academies to provide 600 more reception class places than last year.
You may also want to watch:
“I wish all future pupils very best wishes ahead of starting this stage of their education in September.”
A total of 15,667 applications were received by Essex County Council, with approximately 91 per cent made online.
- 1 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 2 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 3 New Walden mayor announces his charities for the year
- 4 Old pirate ship climbing frame is removed for safety
- 5 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 8 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 9 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 10 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton