94 per cent of Essex parents offered first or second choice of primary school
NINETY four per cent of parents across Essex have been offered their first or second choice of primary or infant school, according to the county council.
A total of 87 per cent have been offered their first choice school for the next academic year, with 7 per cent getting their second and just over 2 per cent their third.
Less than 3 per cent of parents could not be offered any of their preferences, and have been offered a place at the nearest school with space available.
Essex County Council’s director for education, Tim Coulson, said; “I am delighted that so many parents have received the news they wanted. In Essex we are working hard towards a world class education system and ensuring the admissions process runs smoothly is an important step in doing this.
“There are significant challenges resulting from the rapidly rising pupil numbers across the Country and I am pleased that in Essex we have responded to these challenges and made sure that every child has a place available on offer day. We are pleased to have worked with local authority maintained schools and academies to provide 600 more reception class places than last year.
“I wish all future pupils very best wishes ahead of starting this stage of their education in September.”
A total of 15,667 applications were received by Essex County Council, with approximately 91 per cent made online.
- 1 Consultation on traffic in Walden's Market Square ends on Monday
- 2 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
- 3 Derby fun for Wendens Ambo as they brush off logistical headache
- 4 Essex parents fear return to remote lessons amid school staff shortage
- 5 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 6 Fire and ambulance crews rescue after serious M11 crash
- 7 Walden author unveils third book, with a touching dedication
- 8 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner
- 9 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Large Visitor Attraction of the Year finalists
- 10 Penalty heartbreak for Saffron Walden as FA Vase dreams come to an end