A fresh look at local produce
A FARM shop and delicatessen specialising in local and British products has officially opened its doors in Newport. Four Seasons Farm Shop and Deli, on High Street, has an impressive delicatessen counter offering a selection of meat, dried meats, cheeses,
A FARM shop and delicatessen specialising in local and British products has officially opened its doors in Newport.
Four Seasons Farm Shop and Deli, on High Street, has an impressive delicatessen counter offering a selection of meat, dried meats, cheeses, and chutneys and preserves, while also selling the usual fruit and vegetables.
The shops also boasts a premium coffee and takeaway menu.
Owner Mark Bradley said: "We are trying to serve everything as local as we can. Obviously it can't be done all the time because people still want their oranges and bananas.
"But I wanted something that sets us aside from the supermarkets. We can't possibly compete with them so we're trying to put specialist things on the shelf.
"People can come in and have a look around and get those special bits and pieces. We like to think we're a bit different to what is out there already."
- 1 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 2 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 3 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 4 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 5 Committee and president appointed for Elsenham WI
- 6 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 7 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 8 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 9 Muddy Dog Challenge raises over £70K: Pictures from event
- 10 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
Saffron Walden mayor, Cllr Mike Hibbs, cut the ribbon to officially unveil the shop at its grand launch on Saturday.
Some 300 visitors turned up for the event, browsing the shop and enjoying a hog roast - the �300 proceeds of which went to Cancer Research - bahjis, ice cream samples and free champagne.
"It went very well and it was pleasing to see so many people turn up to support us," said Mr Bradley, who has a background in farming but for which this is a new venture entirely. "
The Four Seasons is open from: Tuesday and Wednesday 8am-5pm, Thursday and Friday 8am-7pm, Saturday 8am-4pm, Sunday 10am-3pm. The shop is closed on Monday.
For more information contact the shop on 01799 542454 or email email@example.com