A LEVEL: Cambridge’s only all-girl sixth form achieves 85% of A Level grades at A* to B
- Credit: Archant
ST Mary’s School, Cambridge has announced that 85 per cent of A Level grades have been awarded at A* to B grade and 95pc have been awarded at A* to C grade.
Charlotte Avery, headmistress and member of the Girls’ Schools Association, explained: “With our broad ability intake at Sixth Form level, we are delighted with our Value Added scores which have enabled 25pc of our students to achieve straight A* to A grades in three or more subjects as well as 95pc of all our results being graded at A* to C.
“These results are a true accolade to the work our girls put into their studies and the additional support and tuition offered by our inspiring and dedicated teachers. Our results show that St Mary’s truly supports each girl as an individual, developing her own unique skills.
“As the only all-girls’ Sixth Form in Cambridge, we continue to buck national trends in both Mathematics and its application in Physics and Economics: 100pc of our students achieved an A* in Further Mathematics and 81pc achieved an A* or A grade in Mathematics. 89pc of our students achieved A* to B in Physics and 86pc achieved similarly in Economics.
“Our results prove time and again that girls can achieve highly in all subjects across the board and not just those that are traditionally dominated by females.
You may also want to watch:
“Our students also excelled in creative subjects with 80pc of our A-level Art & Design, Photography, Textiles and Critical & Contextual Studies students being awarded an A* to B grade.
“I am also thrilled that in the first year of offering Critical & Contextual Studies at St Mary’s, all girls achieved A* to B grades.”
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 5 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 9 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event