A LEVEL: High exam standards maintainted at Saffron Walden County High School
- Credit: Archant
A LEVEL students and staff at Saffron Walden County High School celebrated an excellent set of A Level examination results.
The 2013 results more than maintained the very high standards that have been achieved at Advanced Level at SWCHS over the last decade.
There were a considerable number of outstanding individual performances with 36 students achieving at least three A or A* grades. Amongst this group Sarah Cattley, Ally Dunham, Emily Flicos, Ed Goldsmith, Nat Levine, Emma Molloy, Tristram Walsh, Sam Whittome, and Ryan Woodcock all achieved three A*s or better.
On the basis of their A Level results, virtually all the students will be going on to their first choice university. These include a record breaking 12 students who have gained a place at either Oxford or Cambridge. In addition. Alice Jenkins, Jessica Juhl, Clare Tomlinson, and Elvina Ward have been accepted for entrance to a range of medical schools.
Overall when A2 and Applied A level results are combined, 37 per cent of all grades were at either A* or A with 92pc in the range A*-C.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher John Hartley was delighted with the results.
“These outstanding results have been achieved through a combination of an immense amount of hard work by the students, consistently very high quality teaching and a system of personalised tutorial support focused on maximising the achievement of each individual,” he said.
- 1 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 2 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton
- 3 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 4 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Walden teddy bear shop to relocate to new venue
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Ex-prison governor on writing, retirement and baking at Angela Reed
- 9 Front garden VE Day display planned in Great Chesterford
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal