A LEVEL: High exam standards maintainted at Saffron Walden County High School
- Credit: Archant
A LEVEL students and staff at Saffron Walden County High School celebrated an excellent set of A Level examination results.
The 2013 results more than maintained the very high standards that have been achieved at Advanced Level at SWCHS over the last decade.
There were a considerable number of outstanding individual performances with 36 students achieving at least three A or A* grades. Amongst this group Sarah Cattley, Ally Dunham, Emily Flicos, Ed Goldsmith, Nat Levine, Emma Molloy, Tristram Walsh, Sam Whittome, and Ryan Woodcock all achieved three A*s or better.
On the basis of their A Level results, virtually all the students will be going on to their first choice university. These include a record breaking 12 students who have gained a place at either Oxford or Cambridge. In addition. Alice Jenkins, Jessica Juhl, Clare Tomlinson, and Elvina Ward have been accepted for entrance to a range of medical schools.
Overall when A2 and Applied A level results are combined, 37 per cent of all grades were at either A* or A with 92pc in the range A*-C.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher John Hartley was delighted with the results.
“These outstanding results have been achieved through a combination of an immense amount of hard work by the students, consistently very high quality teaching and a system of personalised tutorial support focused on maximising the achievement of each individual,” he said.
- 1 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 2 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 3 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 6 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Saffron Striders' Mark Coutts runs from Paddington to Bristol instead of letting the train take the strain
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays