A LEVEL: Pictures: Friends’ School students achieve 95.4% pass rate
- Credit: Archant
FRIENDS’ School A Level students are again celebrating very pleasing results this week.
They achieved a pass rate of 95.4 per cent A*-E, which is very much in line with performance over the last three years. The percentage of higher grades is, however, slightly better than last year with 25.7% achieving A*-A, 48.6pc achieving A*-B and 72.3pc achieving A*–C. Thirty-six students took A Levels at Friends’ this year.
The top grades are well distributed across all subjects and more than two thirds of the cohort has achieved places at their first choice university and almost all others at their insurance choice. These include many places at top universities such as Nottingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Royal Holloway and Queen Mary College, London.
Olivia Neaves, a student at Friends’ School since Year 7 and aspiring actor, achieved A grades in Drama, English and Film Studies. Heavily involved in school life from school productions to the eco-schools group.
Olivia said, “During the last seven years I feel that I have had the opportunities to come into my own and develop my skills with ease and enjoyment. I’m thrilled with my results and look forward to pursuing my training in acting at the RADA foundation course at the Cambridge School of Visual and Performing Arts.”
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Anna Chaudhri said: “In an increasingly competitive post-16 environment, we are proud that the supportive and inclusive education we offer at Friends’ enables our students to go forward well equipped for the employment or higher study of their choice.
“Delighted faces on results day are the best reward for us all.”
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 9 Thaxted flash flooding the 'worst in 30 years', says councillor
- 10 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out