A-Level results: Another outstanding year for Bishop’s Stortford College as students deliver 100 per cent pass rate
BISHOP’S Stortford College is celebrating an outstanding set of A level results once again.
Some 23 per cent of all examinations received the top A* grade and 59 per cent were awarded an A* or A. 87 per cent were graded at A*-B, 97 per cent at A*-C and the pass rate was 100%. 64 out of 102 students achieved the equivalent of at least three A grades.
Retiring headmaster John Trotman, commenting upon this year’s results, said: “I am absolutely delighted and could not have been given a better leaving present.
“Following on from the outstanding ISI Inspection Report in the spring, this achievement by our pupils confirms the very high levels at which the College is operating.
“For almost two-thirds of pupils to gain the equivalent of at least three A grades is fantastic. It all goes to show what excellent teaching combined with high academic expectations, hard work and a busy, enjoyable school environment can achieve. I extend my warmest congratulations to pupils and staff.”
You may also want to watch:
Among the top performers is Matthew Robinson from Newport whose four A*s in Biology, English, French, Geography and an A in German has earned him a place at Oxford’s Somerville College to read English Language and Literature.
Jessica Reilly from Sawbridgeworth achieved three A*s in English, Economics and History to secure her place to study History at Emmanuel College, Cambridge.
- 1 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 2 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 3 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 4 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 5 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 6 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 7 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 8 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 9 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 10 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
Five other Oxbridge students also fulfilled their offers: Tobias Bladen from Dane End (one A*, two A), Oli Hancock from Hatfield Heath (two A*, one A), Kristina Murkett from Bishop’s Stortford (two A*, one A) and Rui Qi Yu from China (three A*, two A) are all heading to Oxford, whilst Grigalius Taujanskas from Lithuania (four A*) will be going to Cambridge.
Other high achievers who achieved three A*s or more include:
Charles Berthoud from Stocking Pelham, Herts (three A*)
Emma Clough from Bishop’s Stortford (three A*)
Katie Ho from Hong Kong (three A*, two A)
Grace Wignall from Sawbridgeworth (three A*)
Ying Yi He from China (four A*, one A)