A-Level results: Another outstanding year for Bishop’s Stortford College as students deliver 100 per cent pass rate
BISHOP’S Stortford College is celebrating an outstanding set of A level results once again.
Some 23 per cent of all examinations received the top A* grade and 59 per cent were awarded an A* or A. 87 per cent were graded at A*-B, 97 per cent at A*-C and the pass rate was 100%. 64 out of 102 students achieved the equivalent of at least three A grades.
Retiring headmaster John Trotman, commenting upon this year’s results, said: “I am absolutely delighted and could not have been given a better leaving present.
“Following on from the outstanding ISI Inspection Report in the spring, this achievement by our pupils confirms the very high levels at which the College is operating.
“For almost two-thirds of pupils to gain the equivalent of at least three A grades is fantastic. It all goes to show what excellent teaching combined with high academic expectations, hard work and a busy, enjoyable school environment can achieve. I extend my warmest congratulations to pupils and staff.”
You may also want to watch:
Among the top performers is Matthew Robinson from Newport whose four A*s in Biology, English, French, Geography and an A in German has earned him a place at Oxford’s Somerville College to read English Language and Literature.
Jessica Reilly from Sawbridgeworth achieved three A*s in English, Economics and History to secure her place to study History at Emmanuel College, Cambridge.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 3 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
Five other Oxbridge students also fulfilled their offers: Tobias Bladen from Dane End (one A*, two A), Oli Hancock from Hatfield Heath (two A*, one A), Kristina Murkett from Bishop’s Stortford (two A*, one A) and Rui Qi Yu from China (three A*, two A) are all heading to Oxford, whilst Grigalius Taujanskas from Lithuania (four A*) will be going to Cambridge.
Other high achievers who achieved three A*s or more include:
Charles Berthoud from Stocking Pelham, Herts (three A*)
Emma Clough from Bishop’s Stortford (three A*)
Katie Ho from Hong Kong (three A*, two A)
Grace Wignall from Sawbridgeworth (three A*)
Ying Yi He from China (four A*, one A)