A-Level results: Another outstanding year for Bishop’s Stortford College as students deliver 100 per cent pass rate
BISHOP’S Stortford College is celebrating an outstanding set of A level results once again.
Some 23 per cent of all examinations received the top A* grade and 59 per cent were awarded an A* or A. 87 per cent were graded at A*-B, 97 per cent at A*-C and the pass rate was 100%. 64 out of 102 students achieved the equivalent of at least three A grades.
Retiring headmaster John Trotman, commenting upon this year’s results, said: “I am absolutely delighted and could not have been given a better leaving present.
“Following on from the outstanding ISI Inspection Report in the spring, this achievement by our pupils confirms the very high levels at which the College is operating.
“For almost two-thirds of pupils to gain the equivalent of at least three A grades is fantastic. It all goes to show what excellent teaching combined with high academic expectations, hard work and a busy, enjoyable school environment can achieve. I extend my warmest congratulations to pupils and staff.”
Among the top performers is Matthew Robinson from Newport whose four A*s in Biology, English, French, Geography and an A in German has earned him a place at Oxford’s Somerville College to read English Language and Literature.
Jessica Reilly from Sawbridgeworth achieved three A*s in English, Economics and History to secure her place to study History at Emmanuel College, Cambridge.
- 1 Essex Eagles hit Glamorgan hard in Vitality Blast best
- 2 Uttlesford Local Plan delay 'necessary' say councillors
- 3 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 4 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 5 Tea party celebrates Saffron Walden Museum volunteers
- 6 Debden man fundraising for Mind with 480km walk
- 7 Junior Fencer from Saffron Walden wins silver at England Championship
- 8 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 9 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 10 Saffron Walden maze is refurbished
Five other Oxbridge students also fulfilled their offers: Tobias Bladen from Dane End (one A*, two A), Oli Hancock from Hatfield Heath (two A*, one A), Kristina Murkett from Bishop’s Stortford (two A*, one A) and Rui Qi Yu from China (three A*, two A) are all heading to Oxford, whilst Grigalius Taujanskas from Lithuania (four A*) will be going to Cambridge.
Other high achievers who achieved three A*s or more include:
Charles Berthoud from Stocking Pelham, Herts (three A*)
Emma Clough from Bishop’s Stortford (three A*)
Katie Ho from Hong Kong (three A*, two A)
Grace Wignall from Sawbridgeworth (three A*)
Ying Yi He from China (four A*, one A)