A-Level results: Best ever results for Helena Romanes
STUDENTS at The Helena Romanes School have achieved a 100 per cent pass rate for the first time in the school’s history.
This year every student gained A-E grades, 81 per cent of gaining A-C grades. These results are a significant improvement on last year’s results and the best set of A-Level results the school has ever had.
Head of Sixth Form Matthew Fletcher said “I am once again delighted as for the fourth year running the A-Level results have improved significantly.
“We have now achieved 100 per cent pass rate for the first time in the school’s history. These results are a reflection of the conscientious and diligent work ethic displayed by the students and their teachers, coupled with the sustained support of their parents.”
Headteacher Simon Knight added: “I am very proud of the achievements of our A-Level students. Their results demonstrate a continued upward trend that is evident across the school as a whole.”
You may also want to watch:
Top scorers this year include:
• Frederick Tomalin, from Colchester, who achieved A grades in English Language and Literature, Psychology and Philosophy and a B in Law.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 3 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 6 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 7 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 8 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 9 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'
- 10 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
• Alexandra Eade, from Braintree, gained an A* in Sociology and A grades in History and Philosophy.
• Heather Cox, from Stebbing, achieved an A* in Art and Design, an A grade in Product Design and a B in Drama.
• Phillip Barnes, from Braintree, gained A grades in Economics and Psychology and a B grade in Philosophy.
• Sarah Fidge, from Felsted, achieved A grades in Law and Psychology and a B in History.
• Stephen May, from Dunmow, has A grades in Chemistry and Mathematics and a B in Physics.
• Sam Rayner, from Little Canfield, gained an A* in PE plus B grades in Product Design and Philosophy.
Frederick Tomalin is planning to study Philosophy at London School of Economics; Heather Cox will start a Foundation Course in Art at the University for the Creative Arts in Maidstone; Phillip Barnes will go on to study Psychology at the University of Surrey and Sarah Fidge is going to the University of East Anglia to study Psychology.