A-Level results: Best ever results for Helena Romanes
STUDENTS at The Helena Romanes School have achieved a 100 per cent pass rate for the first time in the school’s history.
This year every student gained A-E grades, 81 per cent of gaining A-C grades. These results are a significant improvement on last year’s results and the best set of A-Level results the school has ever had.
Head of Sixth Form Matthew Fletcher said “I am once again delighted as for the fourth year running the A-Level results have improved significantly.
“We have now achieved 100 per cent pass rate for the first time in the school’s history. These results are a reflection of the conscientious and diligent work ethic displayed by the students and their teachers, coupled with the sustained support of their parents.”
Headteacher Simon Knight added: “I am very proud of the achievements of our A-Level students. Their results demonstrate a continued upward trend that is evident across the school as a whole.”
You may also want to watch:
Top scorers this year include:
• Frederick Tomalin, from Colchester, who achieved A grades in English Language and Literature, Psychology and Philosophy and a B in Law.
- 1 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 2 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 5 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 8 Walden market traders react to lockdown lifting
- 9 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
- 10 More than 600 want reopening of North Hall Road after nine months
• Alexandra Eade, from Braintree, gained an A* in Sociology and A grades in History and Philosophy.
• Heather Cox, from Stebbing, achieved an A* in Art and Design, an A grade in Product Design and a B in Drama.
• Phillip Barnes, from Braintree, gained A grades in Economics and Psychology and a B grade in Philosophy.
• Sarah Fidge, from Felsted, achieved A grades in Law and Psychology and a B in History.
• Stephen May, from Dunmow, has A grades in Chemistry and Mathematics and a B in Physics.
• Sam Rayner, from Little Canfield, gained an A* in PE plus B grades in Product Design and Philosophy.
Frederick Tomalin is planning to study Philosophy at London School of Economics; Heather Cox will start a Foundation Course in Art at the University for the Creative Arts in Maidstone; Phillip Barnes will go on to study Psychology at the University of Surrey and Sarah Fidge is going to the University of East Anglia to study Psychology.