A-Level results: Best ever results for Helena Romanes
STUDENTS at The Helena Romanes School have achieved a 100 per cent pass rate for the first time in the school’s history.
This year every student gained A-E grades, 81 per cent of gaining A-C grades. These results are a significant improvement on last year’s results and the best set of A-Level results the school has ever had.
Head of Sixth Form Matthew Fletcher said “I am once again delighted as for the fourth year running the A-Level results have improved significantly.
“We have now achieved 100 per cent pass rate for the first time in the school’s history. These results are a reflection of the conscientious and diligent work ethic displayed by the students and their teachers, coupled with the sustained support of their parents.”
Headteacher Simon Knight added: “I am very proud of the achievements of our A-Level students. Their results demonstrate a continued upward trend that is evident across the school as a whole.”
You may also want to watch:
Top scorers this year include:
• Frederick Tomalin, from Colchester, who achieved A grades in English Language and Literature, Psychology and Philosophy and a B in Law.
- 1 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 2 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 3 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 6 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 7 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 8 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 9 Thaxted Rangers boosted by Co-op donation
- 10 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
• Alexandra Eade, from Braintree, gained an A* in Sociology and A grades in History and Philosophy.
• Heather Cox, from Stebbing, achieved an A* in Art and Design, an A grade in Product Design and a B in Drama.
• Phillip Barnes, from Braintree, gained A grades in Economics and Psychology and a B grade in Philosophy.
• Sarah Fidge, from Felsted, achieved A grades in Law and Psychology and a B in History.
• Stephen May, from Dunmow, has A grades in Chemistry and Mathematics and a B in Physics.
• Sam Rayner, from Little Canfield, gained an A* in PE plus B grades in Product Design and Philosophy.
Frederick Tomalin is planning to study Philosophy at London School of Economics; Heather Cox will start a Foundation Course in Art at the University for the Creative Arts in Maidstone; Phillip Barnes will go on to study Psychology at the University of Surrey and Sarah Fidge is going to the University of East Anglia to study Psychology.