A-Level results: Celebrations at Friends’ School Saffron Walden
FRIENDS’ School students are once again celebrating very pleasing A-Level results.
The overall pass rate was 98 per cent with 17 per cent of grades being at A* - double the national average.
Almost 30 per cent of the grades were at A* to A and an impressive 70 per cent A* to C.
Headmaster Graham Wigley said: “There has been a lot of press coverage nationally about the plight of this year’s cohort of A-Level students, with competition for university places hotter than ever so it’s very pleasing to see our sixth form leavers off to a really varied range degree courses, from London, Warwick and other top universities to Chelsea College of Art and the Royal Agricultural College.
“Results day is always a very special day as our students find out the fruits of their hard work.
You may also want to watch:
“They have talents in very many areas and it’s good to know that they will leave Friends’ with far more than just their A level grades.”
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Thaxted Gardening and Craft Show winners revealed
- 3 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 4 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 5 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 6 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 7 Saffron Striders take advantage of late summer warmth to stretch their legs far and wide
- 8 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 9 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 10 'Do you enjoy singing and making new friends?' - Church holding taster session for its junior choir