A-Level results: Celebrations at Friends’ School Saffron Walden
FRIENDS’ School students are once again celebrating very pleasing A-Level results.
The overall pass rate was 98 per cent with 17 per cent of grades being at A* - double the national average.
Almost 30 per cent of the grades were at A* to A and an impressive 70 per cent A* to C.
Headmaster Graham Wigley said: “There has been a lot of press coverage nationally about the plight of this year’s cohort of A-Level students, with competition for university places hotter than ever so it’s very pleasing to see our sixth form leavers off to a really varied range degree courses, from London, Warwick and other top universities to Chelsea College of Art and the Royal Agricultural College.
“Results day is always a very special day as our students find out the fruits of their hard work.
You may also want to watch:
“They have talents in very many areas and it’s good to know that they will leave Friends’ with far more than just their A level grades.”
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 5 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 6 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 7 BID hears that shopping locally in Covid pandemic has helped Walden
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 9 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 10 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections