A-Level results: Girls’ school achieves 60 per cent of A-level grades at A* - A
MORE than a third of St Mary’s students are celebrating as they received three or more A*-A grades in today’s A-level results.
Some 20 students achieved the impressive score, with 10 per cent of girls receiving more than three A* grades in all of their A2 subjects.
A* grades were awarded for 29.3 per cent of the overall examination grades and a further 30.7 per cent of the results were at A grade.
Charlotte Avery, headmistress and member of the Girls’ Schools Association, said: “I am delighted by our outstanding A-level results and pleased that St Mary’s consistently achieves highly year on year.
“Given our wide ability intake at all levels of the school these results are a true accolade to the work our girls put into their studies and the additional support and tuition offered by our dedicated teachers.
You may also want to watch:
“Our results show that St Mary’s truly supports each girl as an individual, developing her unique skills. As a school with strong Christian values we expect to perform well in Religious Studies and this year we have exceeded expectations with 100 per cent of our A-level Religious Studies students achieving A*- A grades, with 90 per cent at A*.
“As the only all-girls’ Sixth Form in Cambridge our results prove time and again that girls can achieve highly in all subjects and not just those that are traditionally dominated by females.
- 1 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 2 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 3 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 4 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 5 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 6 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 7 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 8 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 9 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 10 Town council challenges water softening decision
“St Mary’s continues to buck national trends with 77 per cent of our scientists achieving A* - A grades, with an exceptional 50 per cent of our Physics grades at A*. 66 per cent of our mathematicians also achieved A* - A grades.
“Our students also excelled in creative subjects; 100 per cent of our A-level Photography students were awarded an A*; 100 per cent of A-level Music students achieved A*- A.”
A*: 25 per cent
A* to A: 58 per cent
A* to B: 82.5 per cent
A* to C: 96.5 per cent
A* to E: 100 per cent