A round-up of crime in Saffron Walden and surrounding villages over the past month
Here is a round-up of crimes in Saffron Walden and the surrounding villages over the past four weeks.
• A bicycle was stolen from a bike rack after a thief used bolt cutters to remove a lock in Peaslands Road, Saffron Walden, between 1.30-4.10pm on July 15.
• Scratches were caused to a grey Mercedes A200 in St mary’s Drive, Stansted, between 6.45am on June 26 and 11.25am on July 15.
• A grey Nissan Couple was stolen from St Clements, Thaxted, at 3.12am on July 16.
• Thieves tried to break into a car in Felstead Crescent, Stansted, between 10pm on July 1 and 1.30pm on July 6.
• Pickpockets stole a purse from a woman’s bag in Hill Street, Saffron Walden, between midnight on July 13 and 11.14am on July 17.
• A wallet was stolen in Margaret Street, Thaxted, between 3pm on July 16 and 9.30am on July 17. An attempt to use a stolen bank card failed.
• Items were stolen from outside a home in Hudgell Road, Stansted, between midnight and 3.10pm on July 18.
• A blue Ford Transit van was stolen from Golds Nurseries Business Park in Jenkins Drive, Elsenham, between 11.45pm on July 19 and 3.33pm the next day.
• Garden items were stolen from a property in Thaxted Road, Wimbish, between 6.30pm on July 19 and 12.20pm the next day.
• An electric gate was damaged as a white/grey Freelander was driven onto land in Thaxted, Two people with dogs, possibly greyhounds, were also spotted. The incident happened on July 22.
• A balustrade wall was damaged in Castle Street, Saffron Walden, between 5.30pm on July 21 and 2.50pm on July 24.
• Scratches and dents were left in a silver Vauxhall Astra in Harris Yard, Saffron Walden, on July 24.
• Burglars attempted to break into a home in Cambridge Road, Stansted, by forcing rear patio doors between 1-2.39pm on July 24.
• Items were stolen from a white Ford Transoit van on Southgate, Stansted, between 4.40-7.30pm on July 24.
• The rear window was cut out and removed from a convertible Audi TT in Andrews Close, Saffron Walden, between 8pm on july 25 and 11.45am the next day.
• Damage costing £100 was caused to a red Honda motorcycle in Thaxted Road, Saffron Walden, between 2pm on July 25 and 2.20pm the next day.
• Water leaks were caused to a property in Lower Street, Stansted, after suspects climbed the roof of the building and removed tiles – which were left broken on the floor. The incident happened between 5pm on July 25 and 11.40am the next day.
• Five garages had their locks damaged in Chapel Hill, Stansted, between midnight on July 25 and 9.45am on July 26.
• Five hundred litres of red diesel was stolen from a locked workshop in Chalk Farm Lane, Newport, between 6pm on July 25 and 8am on July 27.
• The front numberplate was stolen from a black Vauxhall Astra in Ross Close, Saffron Walden, between midnight on July 26 and 12.34pm on July 27. An attempt was also made to steal the rear plate.
• A vehicle was damaged in Frambury Lane, Newport, between midnight and 4.18pm on July 32.
• An external light was smashed off the wall of a property in The Maltings, Station Road, Newport, between 10pm on July 29 and 12.08pm on July 31.
• The boot of a blue Volkswagen Golf was scratched while parked in Harris Yard, Saffron Walden, between 9.55am on July 28 and 5.05pm on August 2.
• A key was stolen from a key safe at a home in Watling Lane, Thaxted, between 8pm on August 1 and 11.50am the next day. No access was gained to the property.
A key safe was also removed from the wall of a property in Dunmow Road, Thaxted,between 7pm on August 3 and 1.30pm the next day.
• Items were stolen as a garage was broken into via a side door and ransacked in Clavering between midnight and 10.14pm on August 3.
• A white Ford Transit motorhome was stolen from Stansted Road, Elsenham, between midnight on July 22 and 7.25pm on August 3.
• Burglars knocked on the door of a home in Royston Road, Littlebury, before searching the garage when no-one answered. The break-in happened between 12-12.15pm on August 3.
Also in Littlebury, burglars forced entry to a garage in Wenden Road between 7.20am on August 2 and 9.20pm on August 3, though nothing was taken, while jewellery was taken from another home in the street after burglars forced their way in through a kitchen window between 2.03-2.19pm on August 3.
• Tools and equipment were stolen from a container after thieves broke three locks to access it in Elsenham Road, Stansted, between 3pm on August 2 and 8.10am the next day.
• A large drum of copper cable was stolen from a compound in North Hall Road, Henham, between midnight on August 1 and 10.07am on August 2.
• Windows and doors were smashed after someone threw a can of paint and two bricks at a property in Lower Street, Stansted, between 1.05-7.10am on August 4.
Anyone with information about any of these crimes should call police on 101.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Saffron Walden Reporter. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.