Abbey Lane car fire spreads to nearby building
A CAR fire that spread to the outside of a building prompted firefighters to call for additional back up at 11.40am on Sunday morning.
One crew was initially called but with fuel involved the fire spread to affect the external frontage of Abbey House, in Abbey Lane, where the car was blazing.
On arrival, the officer in charge requested the attendance of an additional crew, reporting that the fire was well alight and had spread to the exterior of the building.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used hoses and a covering jet to get the fire under control, along with a significant amount of foam because of the fuel involved.
At 12.17pm they reported that the fire involving the offices had been extinguished and that they were ventilating the building. Steady progress was being made extinguishing the fuel fire.
You may also want to watch:
The fuel fire was extinguished by 30 minutes later. Firefighters remained at the scene cooling the surrounding area and ensuring the site was safe.
- 1 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 2 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 3 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 4 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 5 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 6 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 7 Coronavirus one year on: Stansted suffers 95% drop in passengers
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 10 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert