Abbey Lane car fire spreads to nearby building
A CAR fire that spread to the outside of a building prompted firefighters to call for additional back up at 11.40am on Sunday morning.
One crew was initially called but with fuel involved the fire spread to affect the external frontage of Abbey House, in Abbey Lane, where the car was blazing.
On arrival, the officer in charge requested the attendance of an additional crew, reporting that the fire was well alight and had spread to the exterior of the building.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used hoses and a covering jet to get the fire under control, along with a significant amount of foam because of the fuel involved.
At 12.17pm they reported that the fire involving the offices had been extinguished and that they were ventilating the building. Steady progress was being made extinguishing the fuel fire.
You may also want to watch:
The fuel fire was extinguished by 30 minutes later. Firefighters remained at the scene cooling the surrounding area and ensuring the site was safe.
- 1 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Another planning application as previous rejection prepares for appeal
- 4 Villages around Saffron Walden covered in frost and snow
- 5 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 6 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 7 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 10 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine