Abbey Lane car fire spreads to nearby building
A CAR fire that spread to the outside of a building prompted firefighters to call for additional back up at 11.40am on Sunday morning.
One crew was initially called but with fuel involved the fire spread to affect the external frontage of Abbey House, in Abbey Lane, where the car was blazing.
On arrival, the officer in charge requested the attendance of an additional crew, reporting that the fire was well alight and had spread to the exterior of the building.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used hoses and a covering jet to get the fire under control, along with a significant amount of foam because of the fuel involved.
At 12.17pm they reported that the fire involving the offices had been extinguished and that they were ventilating the building. Steady progress was being made extinguishing the fuel fire.
You may also want to watch:
The fuel fire was extinguished by 30 minutes later. Firefighters remained at the scene cooling the surrounding area and ensuring the site was safe.
- 1 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 4 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 5 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 6 Robin Hood pantomime to celebrate Harlow Playhouse's 50th birthday this Christmas
- 7 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 8 Saffron Walden book giveaway on The Lorax's 50th birthday
- 9 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 10 Audley End apple festival is this weekend