Advice for pensioners at library
PENSIONERS can now get advice on a range of different issues at a new regular drop-in session at Saffron Walden Library. Charity Age Concern is giving people an opportunity to speak face-to-face with advisors on matters affecting older people, their relat
PENSIONERS can now get advice on a range of different issues at a new regular drop-in session at Saffron Walden Library.
Charity Age Concern is giving people an opportunity to speak face-to-face with advisors on matters affecting older people, their relatives and friends.
The service will provide up-to-date information on legal, financial, health and welfare benefits.
Essex County Council's cabinet member for adults, health and community wellbeing, Cllr David Finch, said: "We are delighted that Age Concern and Saffron Walden Library are going to be offering this service for local people, and it is our hope that these sessions will help some of our residents who have worries or concerns about their day-to-day lives, or who are looking for new social activities to take part in."
You may also want to watch:
The Age Concern Essex Advice and Information Service will be visiting the library on the first Tuesday of each month. The first session will be on Tuesday March 3 between 10am and noon.
The service is free and confidential and any information provided will be impartial, accessible, accurate and appropriate to needs.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 3 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 4 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 5 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 6 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 7 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 8 Reflections: A World War One soldier who was killed in battle
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
The service also provides information about activities, clubs and services in the local area.
For more information on Age Concern, call their free helpline on 0800 009966 which is open seven days a week from 8am to 7pm. Age Concern's aim is to promote the wellbeing of all older people, and to help make later life a fulfilling and enjoyable experience.
Saffron Walden Library is in the Market Square. For more information on this event or on the library in general, please contact Jill Palmer on 01799 523178.