Advice for pensioners at library
PENSIONERS can now get advice on a range of different issues at a new regular drop-in session at Saffron Walden Library. Charity Age Concern is giving people an opportunity to speak face-to-face with advisors on matters affecting older people, their relat
PENSIONERS can now get advice on a range of different issues at a new regular drop-in session at Saffron Walden Library.
Charity Age Concern is giving people an opportunity to speak face-to-face with advisors on matters affecting older people, their relatives and friends.
The service will provide up-to-date information on legal, financial, health and welfare benefits.
Essex County Council's cabinet member for adults, health and community wellbeing, Cllr David Finch, said: "We are delighted that Age Concern and Saffron Walden Library are going to be offering this service for local people, and it is our hope that these sessions will help some of our residents who have worries or concerns about their day-to-day lives, or who are looking for new social activities to take part in."
You may also want to watch:
The Age Concern Essex Advice and Information Service will be visiting the library on the first Tuesday of each month. The first session will be on Tuesday March 3 between 10am and noon.
The service is free and confidential and any information provided will be impartial, accessible, accurate and appropriate to needs.
- 1 Gordon's 'fiver for a jab' fundraiser for NHS
- 2 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
- 3 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 4 Essex county council deputy says he will stand for top job
- 5 Greens and Lib Dems disassociate themselves from investment decision
- 6 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
- 7 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 8 Saffron Striders celebrate achievements in challenging season
- 9 Stroke at 27 - now teacher is giving something back
- 10 Council responds to unflattering comments
The service also provides information about activities, clubs and services in the local area.
For more information on Age Concern, call their free helpline on 0800 009966 which is open seven days a week from 8am to 7pm. Age Concern's aim is to promote the wellbeing of all older people, and to help make later life a fulfilling and enjoyable experience.
Saffron Walden Library is in the Market Square. For more information on this event or on the library in general, please contact Jill Palmer on 01799 523178.