Affordable housing in Saffron Walden
WORK has started on the building of 25 affordable and sustainable homes on the site of the former Bell Language School in Saffron Walden. Leader of Uttlesford District Council, Jim Ketteridge, and MP Sir Alan Haselhurst helped to commemorate the event by
WORK has started on the building of 25 affordable and sustainable homes on the site of the former Bell Language School in Saffron Walden.
Leader of Uttlesford District Council, Jim Ketteridge, and MP Sir Alan Haselhurst helped to commemorate the event by turning the earth.
The project, being built by Hastoe Housing Association on the site of the recently demolished Lancaster House, will provide one- and two-bedroom rented and shared ownership apartments for people in Saffron Walden and the surrounding area.
It is supported by Uttlesford District Council and the Homes and Communities Agency, which is provided funding.
You may also want to watch:
The homes will be built in a sympathetic style next to the Bell Language School, a Victorian building, which will be renovated by a private developer and converted into luxury apartments for sale on the open market together with some newly built houses.
Anyone who is interested in a rented home on the proposed development should contact Ulrike Maccariello on 01799 533497 and email: firstname.lastname@example.org or for shared ownership enquiries, please call the sales team on 0800 783 3097.
- 1 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 2 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 3 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 6 Historic books have new 'long loan' home to help researchers
- 7 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 8 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 9 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
- 10 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction