Affordable housing in Saffron Walden
WORK has started on the building of 25 affordable and sustainable homes on the site of the former Bell Language School in Saffron Walden. Leader of Uttlesford District Council, Jim Ketteridge, and MP Sir Alan Haselhurst helped to commemorate the event by
WORK has started on the building of 25 affordable and sustainable homes on the site of the former Bell Language School in Saffron Walden.
Leader of Uttlesford District Council, Jim Ketteridge, and MP Sir Alan Haselhurst helped to commemorate the event by turning the earth.
The project, being built by Hastoe Housing Association on the site of the recently demolished Lancaster House, will provide one- and two-bedroom rented and shared ownership apartments for people in Saffron Walden and the surrounding area.
It is supported by Uttlesford District Council and the Homes and Communities Agency, which is provided funding.
You may also want to watch:
The homes will be built in a sympathetic style next to the Bell Language School, a Victorian building, which will be renovated by a private developer and converted into luxury apartments for sale on the open market together with some newly built houses.
Anyone who is interested in a rented home on the proposed development should contact Ulrike Maccariello on 01799 533497 and email: email@example.com or for shared ownership enquiries, please call the sales team on 0800 783 3097.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 8 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 9 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex