Charity unveils plan for new shop in town
- Credit: Archant
A new tenant is preparing to move into a vacant shop unit in Saffron Walden.
The charity Age UK has applied to Uttlesford District Council for permission to erect signage at 2 The Arches, in Hill Street.
The unit was formerly home to Domo, a retailer selling handbags, luggage, and travel items, which closed earlier this year.
The signs will not be illuminated and will be black, powder-coated aluminium.
Saffron Walden Town Council and Essex County Council raised no objection to the plans.
You may also want to watch:
Age UK has a network of charity shops across the country, selling both donated a limited range of new items. It provides services and advice to older people across the country,
The plan was submitted in October and a decision is expected from the district council early in the new year.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 5 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 6 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 7 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 8 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 9 St Mary's service held to mark death of Prince Philip
- 10 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
To view the plans, log on to www.uttlesford.gov.uk.