Air Berlin announces new route from Stansted Airport
AIR BERLIN is introducing a new route between Stansted Airport and Salzburg in Austria, starting December 2.
AIR BERLIN is introducing a new route between Stansted Airport and Salzburg, Austria from December 2.
The new route, which is now on sale, will be able to carry 144 passengers on board an Airbus A319 aircraft, with flights departing Stansted 14:10 and Salzburg 12:30 (local time) each Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Air Berlin will also be offering free transport of any ski equipment on this route. Customers will also benefit from an additional 20kg baggage allowance, allocated seating, complimentary sandwich and soft drinks as well as newspapers and magazines.
The new route will operate from December 2 through to March 31, 2011 and will give business and leisure travellers a convenient and affordable route to reach Salzburg during the winter season.
Air Berlin country manager for the UK and Ireland, Titus Johnson, said: “Salzburg is a valued addition to Air Berlin’s portfolio of routes from the UK. Whether visiting Salzburg’s old town, skiing in the Alps or visiting the birthplace of Mozart, Air Berlin’s passengers can expect a full quality service combined with attractive prices”
Salzburg is one of Europe’s most popular short break destinations, famous for its location as a gateway to the Alps as well as the birthplace of Mozart and the beautiful baroque architecture of The Old Town, a World Heritage site.
- 1 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 2 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 3 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 4 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 5 Walden's Wizard of Oz snowflake trail winner is crowned
- 6 Stansted Airport boss confident that passenger numbers will rally
- 7 Radical women of Saffron Walden walking tour
- 8 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 9 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 10 Cambridge Literary Festival is back with first names announced for spring 2022 showpiece
Salzburg is also home to some of the best Christmas markets in Europe; The Cathedral Square is home to one of the cities’ largest advent markets where visitors can wander the snowy stalls and pick up traditional handicrafts and enjoy fine baked goods and sample mulled wine to keep warm.
Salzburg will be Air Berlin’s sixth destination available directly from the UK and the only destination available outside of Germany. Other direct routes from the UK include Dusseldorf, Nuremburg, Munster, Hanover from London Stansted and Paderborn (London Stansted or Manchester).
Prices lead in from �34 per person one way. All Air Berlin prices also include taxes and fuel surcharge, with the additional opportunity to benefit from earning miles from Air Berlin’s frequent flyer programme Top Bonus. Discounts for children are available on some fares.
Flights can be booked with Air Berlin online at airberlin.com, via travel agents or by calling the 24 hours service centre 0871 500 0747.