Air Berlin is best bet for Manchester United fans flying from Stansted Airport
MANCHESTER United fans planning to attend the team s final UEFA Champions League group qualifier against Vfl Wolfsburg in December can still grab a bargain flight to Germany with leading lower-cost airline Air Berlin. The German airline is currently offer
MANCHESTER United fans planning to attend the team's final UEFA Champions League group qualifier against Vfl Wolfsburg in December can still grab a bargain flight to Germany with leading lower-cost airline Air Berlin.
The German airline is currently offering return flights from Stansted to Hanover - the nearest international airport to Wolfsburg - from just �114*, including taxes and charges.
Air Berlin offers convenient departures for fans travelling to the December 8 clash against the current Bundesliga champions. Flights depart 7.35am and arrive in Hanover at 9.55am local time. Return flights on December 9 depart at both 6.30am and 7.10pm.
Air Berlin Country Manager UK and Ireland, Titus Johnson, said: "Manchester United supporters might have been put off going to the game by the Ronaldo-style prices being charged by our rivals.
You may also want to watch:
"At Air Berlin we know all about finding great value and are by far the best-priced choice available. We also offer a complete on-board service so passengers can travel in comfort."
The impressive Volkswagen Arena in Wolfsburg is just 44 miles from Hanover airport, and can be reached by simple shuttle transfer and rail journey taking less than an hour. Train tickets can be booked online in advance on the German rail website www.db.de
- 1 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 2 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 5 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Saffron Striders doing their bit for charity as racing returns
- 10 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
*Price correct at time of going to press. Includes taxes, fuel surcharge, allocated seating, a 20kg baggage allowance, complimentary sandwich and soft drinks, newspapers & magazines and miles under Air Berlin's Top Bonus frequent flyer programme. Children's discount available on some fares.