Aircraft maintenance firm SR Technics to close its base at London Stansted Airport
AIRCRAFT technical support company SR Technics is closing its base at London Stansted Airport.The company has announced plans to consolidate its component services organisation, and all supporting functions currently performed at Stansted, in Zurich, Swi
AIRCRAFT technical support company SR Technics is closing its base at London Stansted Airport.
The company has announced plans to consolidate its component services organisation, and all supporting functions currently performed at Stansted, in Zurich, Switzerland.
SR Technics has said the move will improve operational efficiency and productivity to lower operational costs, resulting in a more streamlined and leaner operation.
SR Technics will continue to operate its line maintenance business in the UK through its current line station network and will maintain and develop its logistics operations in the UK. It is planned to consolidate all logistics operations at the Heathrow logistics centre, which will drive greater productivity and assist in establishing SR Technics as a global leader in logistics management.
You may also want to watch:
SR Technics is entering formal discussions regarding these proposals with the trade unions and respective employee representative bodies in the UK.
Bernd Kessler, CEO of SR Technics, said: "At the heart of the ongoing reorganization is our aim to raise our efficiency, lower our Group's overall operational costs and to further develop our operational capabilities, service offerings and global footprint. By achieving these objectives, we will tangibly improve our competitiveness and the service we provide to our customers."
- 1 Free vegetarian meal service launched
- 2 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 3 Gordon's 'fiver for a jab' fundraiser for NHS
- 4 Greens and Lib Dems disassociate themselves from investment decision
- 5 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
- 6 Fun for virtual World Book Day 2021
- 7 Essex county council deputy says he will stand for top job
- 8 Try this: MasterChef winner Chef Webb's recipe for roasted chicken supreme
- 9 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 10 Awards for pandemic heroes launched
"Management will work closely with the unions and employee representatives to support all employees affected by these plans at London Stansted.