Aircraft maintenance firm SR Technics to close its base at London Stansted Airport
AIRCRAFT technical support company SR Technics is closing its base at London Stansted Airport.The company has announced plans to consolidate its component services organisation, and all supporting functions currently performed at Stansted, in Zurich, Swi
AIRCRAFT technical support company SR Technics is closing its base at London Stansted Airport.
The company has announced plans to consolidate its component services organisation, and all supporting functions currently performed at Stansted, in Zurich, Switzerland.
SR Technics has said the move will improve operational efficiency and productivity to lower operational costs, resulting in a more streamlined and leaner operation.
SR Technics will continue to operate its line maintenance business in the UK through its current line station network and will maintain and develop its logistics operations in the UK. It is planned to consolidate all logistics operations at the Heathrow logistics centre, which will drive greater productivity and assist in establishing SR Technics as a global leader in logistics management.
You may also want to watch:
SR Technics is entering formal discussions regarding these proposals with the trade unions and respective employee representative bodies in the UK.
Bernd Kessler, CEO of SR Technics, said: "At the heart of the ongoing reorganization is our aim to raise our efficiency, lower our Group's overall operational costs and to further develop our operational capabilities, service offerings and global footprint. By achieving these objectives, we will tangibly improve our competitiveness and the service we provide to our customers."
- 1 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 2 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 3 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 4 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 5 Time to teach 'pandemic puppies' new tricks, charity says
- 6 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 7 Reader survey: Will we ever shake hands again?
- 8 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 9 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 10 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
"Management will work closely with the unions and employee representatives to support all employees affected by these plans at London Stansted.