Aircraft maintenance firm SR Technics to close its base at London Stansted Airport
AIRCRAFT technical support company SR Technics is closing its base at London Stansted Airport.The company has announced plans to consolidate its component services organisation, and all supporting functions currently performed at Stansted, in Zurich, Swi
AIRCRAFT technical support company SR Technics is closing its base at London Stansted Airport.
The company has announced plans to consolidate its component services organisation, and all supporting functions currently performed at Stansted, in Zurich, Switzerland.
SR Technics has said the move will improve operational efficiency and productivity to lower operational costs, resulting in a more streamlined and leaner operation.
SR Technics will continue to operate its line maintenance business in the UK through its current line station network and will maintain and develop its logistics operations in the UK. It is planned to consolidate all logistics operations at the Heathrow logistics centre, which will drive greater productivity and assist in establishing SR Technics as a global leader in logistics management.
SR Technics is entering formal discussions regarding these proposals with the trade unions and respective employee representative bodies in the UK.
Bernd Kessler, CEO of SR Technics, said: "At the heart of the ongoing reorganization is our aim to raise our efficiency, lower our Group's overall operational costs and to further develop our operational capabilities, service offerings and global footprint. By achieving these objectives, we will tangibly improve our competitiveness and the service we provide to our customers."
- 1 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 2 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 3 Thaxted businesses meet Kemi Badenoch MP to talk about Small Business Saturday
- 4 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 5 Stansted's Mountfitchet House has 'bush tucker trials'
- 6 Q&A: Alan Hawkes of Rotary in Saffron Walden
- 7 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 8 Linton has festive fun lined up at annual Christmas market
- 9 Astronomy: What to look for in the Essex sky in December
- 10 'Many questions' claim as Uttlesford leader John Lodge announces resignation
"Management will work closely with the unions and employee representatives to support all employees affected by these plans at London Stansted.