Airline Jet2.com announce cabin crew recruitment drive at Stansted Airport
- Credit: Archant
Leisure airline Jet2.com has today (Tuesday, November 15) announced a major recruitment drive for cabin crew at Stansted Airport ahead of its flights and holidays launch in Spring next year.
The airline is creating around 200 new jobs at the Essex hub, with half in cabin crew positions as well as other vacancies for pilots, engineers, ground operatives and passenger service agents.
The recruitment drive follows the company launching its first-ever base in the south of England at Stansted earlier this year, with first flights set to take off to Alicante, Faro, Majorca and Lanzarote on March 30, 2017.
Working onboard the company’s brand new Boeing 737 aircraft, the award-winning airline says aspiring cabin crew members need to be passionate about customer service and delivering Jet2.com’s family friendly ethos.
Micki Miles, head of cabin services at Jet2.com, said: “There is no better time to join a company that is going places in every sense of the word.
You may also want to watch:
“In recent weeks we have won a plethora of awards for our family friendly ethos and first class customer service, and we’re on the lookout for more brilliant people to join our successful, growing team at London Stansted Airport.”
Current cabin crew member Clair Lasikiewicz said: “I’ve been with Jet2.com and Jet2holidays for 10 years, and every day is just as interesting as the last.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 5 Researchers collaborate with students in protein art project
- 6 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 7 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 8 English Touring Opera coming to Saffron Hall with rarely performed Handel opera
- 9 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 10 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
“The combination of travel and meeting new people makes it an incredibly exciting and enjoyable job. Taking people on holiday is a very rewarding job, and whether it’s the start or the end of their holiday, there is nothing better than watching a customer leave our aircraft with a smile on their face.”
Jet2.com will fly to 21 destinations from the Essex airport for its summer programme next year as well as 12 routes in winter 2017/18.